Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So this is my current GFX card that i want to swap

msi_n260gtx_twin_frozr_oc.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260" with 1GB of GDDR3 memory and Dual DVI. I want to upgrade it to a less power consuming GFX card for a relative cheap price (less then €100). I play some games on my computer (Latest is Lego Worlds) but it is certainly not my gaming machine.

I was thinking in buying a "GeForce GTX750 - 2G - DDR5" (it needs to have Dual DVI) as someone told me that 2G is better with a dual monitor setup then 1G. My regular store is offering me one for €99 (MSI N750 2G DDR5 OC N750-2GD5/OCV1)(1xVGA/1xDVI) Just to bad it has no Dual DVI :/ (and i don't want to use a vga to dvi adaptor)

Any suggestions???
- Needs to be better then the GTX260
- Less power consuming
- Smaller in length then the GTX260
- Dual DVI
- Less then €100

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would have said the GTX 680 but that card requires two PCIe power cables. I'd say that the GTX 750 is your best bet right now unless you want to pay more for a GTX 960 even if its not really what you are looking for right now

Otherwise maybe look for something like the GTS450 from EVGA which has dual DVI or a GTX650 which will probably have dual DVI

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Without looking into it further, GTX 950 Ti comes to mind. I'm not sure about its ports (adaptors are easy to get), but it does have small dimensions, low power draw, and I believe it's a fair bit stronger than the old 260.
GTX 950Ti doesn't exist as of yet so that's not really an alternative.

Reactions: raystriker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol +1