• Replies 47

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Uhm no? Urine is sterile so you don't have to worry about that.
Plus viruses etc. die fast outside the body and toilets are bloody cold. And most of them don't like air.

In theory you could get a STI if you had a fresh wound (bleeding) and you happen to go directly after the person that was infected got out.

EDIT: Before any troll comes and say they got herpes because of a public toilet. No, you either were born with it, or you got it through someone during your life. There are multiple versions of herpes so you know. Cold sores being one of the most common once.

Last edited by linuxares,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately the thought has been on my mind. Is it possible for someone to get an STD from a public bathroom if the person who used it previously has one? Personally I think it's extremely unlikely because I've been using public bathrooms for as long as I remember and am STD free. But the thought stays on my mind, especially when I'm out and need to relieve myself. If what I'm told is true, then an STD is something worth avoiding.
STDs don't really survive off the body. That's why direct sexual contact (and/or sexual fluids) is needed to transfer them. Once they're off the body/constant temp, they don't survive. Plus, they usually need a break in the skin to get in. Sexual contact usually creates a lot of friction :P which creats tiny little tears in skin (so small you don't really feel). That's why sexual contact doesn't absolutely guarantee and Sexually Transmitted Disease, but it certainly is the way to get them and highly likely without a condom. And some things are easier to catch than others...but you're not going to get them from dead skin cells or the warmth from someone's butt. Unless you're rubbing someone's spunk into an open wound on your genitals, you're going to be fine.

Last edited by osaka35,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's highly unlikely to contract an std from a public restroom unless it's absolutely filthy and/or you have very poor hygiene. Chances are (unless you are licking the toilet) more likely you'll get the flu or something.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah but only through blood contact. Just imagine if it was that easy getting AIDS...

You're confused with HIV.

HPV is transmittable via skin to skin contact.
HIV is transmittable via blood contact and penetrative sexual contact, mainly due to micro cuts on the genitals and bodily fluids.
The porous membrane allows for easy transmission.

also some people's body can develop aids without even had sex if im not wrong

Mother-child pregnancy.
Sharing needles as said before.
Blood contact with an infected person.

Those are pretty much the only ways you can catch HIV from someone.
AIDS is something you get later on after ~10 years of being infected with HIV if you leave it untreated.

Reactions: BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're confused with HIV.

Mother-child pregnancy.
Sharing needles as said before.
Blood contact with an infected person.

Those are pretty much the only ways you can catch HIV from someone.
AIDS is something you get later on after ~10 years of being infected with HIV if you leave it untreated.
oh ok thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k