Homebrew Getting Luma 3DS 6.6 to work: Black screen/Red screen to all black screen

Avery19000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a New 3DS XL US at firmware 11.1.0-34. I'm trying to get Sumohax for Pokemon Sun which I just got a few days ago. I have Homebrew launcher which boots up from my Zelda Orcarina of Time, Luma 3DS, BootNTR Selector, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, and TinyFormat.

Supposedly from the website (in description) ,I Was looking up it says I only need a CFW (LUMA 3DS 6.6) and NTR and I need to make a plugins folder with another folder inside that has the title id of Pokemon sun. In that fold, it has the SUMOHAX File for Pokemon sun.

So when I boot up my 3ds and get to the Homebrew Menu it loads up fine. But once I press on Luma 3ds to try to install BootNTR.cia . I get a red screen at the bottom and black screen at the top only for a few seconds, then both screens both go completely black. It stays like that until I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. I know it's not bricked because Once I turn it back on it's right back to the home screen and works perfectly fine.

I did this multiple times and it still won't boot into Luma 3ds, no luck. I have been trying to look up on Forums for days to find answers but nothing seems to work. Can you guys please help me out? If you need more information let me know.

Here are some pictures of my setup.
3DS SD CARD.PNG
Luma 3DS Folder.PNG
Microsd 3ds folder.PNG
Plugins folder.PNG

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to be on 9.2 or earlier to use a CFW. You're on 11.1 right, or are you talking about an emuNAND?

Avery19000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zidapi: yeah, i'm on N3DS firmware 11.1 right now, I installed Emunand9, but it was also doing the red screen/ black screen too then booting me back to Homebrew menu. Is there a CFW to work on 11.1?

NiceCreamGuy: I looked in the folder but I don't know what it's for, Do you know what it's for :)?
Capture.PNG

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zidapi: yeah, i'm on N3DS firmware 11.1 right now, I installed Emunand9, but it was also doing the red screen/ black screen too then booting me back to Homebrew menu. Is there a CFW to work on 11.1?

NiceCreamGuy: I looked in the folder but I don't know what it's for, Do you know what it's for :)?
View attachment 69814
You have to be on 9.2 to get CFW. Sorry. You can only get from 11.1 to 9.2 with a hardmod or do the DSiware downgrade method with another system with CFW.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1