Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have around $430 laying around and half of it is able to be spent. I am interested in GTA, Patapon,Rock band, Class of heroes, LBP PSP ( coming soon ) and the psp's hacking capabilities. ( yeah I know thats a lot )

I'm looking at this

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74495

and it seems to be WAY cheaper than buying them seperatly ( like $50 )

So should I buy it now or save my money?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
buy it and it's cheap. here in the philippines, psp3000 is becoming a nightmare as th prices are going higher because it's now hacked. lol. that's just my opinion and it'll be your final decision. if you have the money, go buy it but not go overboard and buy expensive things.

look on the bright side, you have a 4GB card and it's now hackable.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you really want a PSP, I'd say so for it. As much as I don't like Rock Band, the link that you posted is actually a good deal. PSP + new game + 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. The PSP on its own is usually $169 (at least here in Canada) so the other stuff for $30 extra is a good bonus.

As long as you're interested in some PSP games, go for it! If you're interested in hacking it, be aware that most of the emulators for older systems (like NES) are wonderful. SNES emulation is passable, but still needs a lot of work. There's some interesting homebrew games, but not as many as you might think. The most interestng part of hacking it is that you have access to change things you can't change normally. For example if you get the component cable for playing PSP on your TV, you're limited as to the type of TV you can output to, and the size of the output is quite small. Using a custom firmware plugin, you can get fullscreen output to any TV. Those sorts of things.

Anyhow, enough of that. My personal rule is that there has to be 10 games I'm interested in playing before I buy a system. Are there 10 PSP games you'd like to play? If the answer is yes, what are you still doing reading my post?
smile.gif

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Class of heroes

2. Rock Band Unplugged

3. GTA Vice City Stories

4. GTA Liberty City Stories

5. Patapon

6. Patapon 2

7. Dissidia Final Fantasy

8. Hacking Capabilities

9. Little Big Planet PSP

10. Gran Turismo for PSP

I guess this means yes.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd get it, Great deal on a new PSP, plus Rock band was great, and it includes a 4Gb.
Also LBP and Assassins Creed portable are supposed to be released as well as Gran Turismo, I'd get it

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
SNES emulation is slow and development has stopped, some games will run full speed. But most games need Mode 7 and some have especial hardware chips. These run like crap.

Genesis emulation is descent, I get full speed. But developtment is halted too. Nes emulation is as amazing. TG-16 emulation is alright too. Great speed, not sure how good it's with Super CD Rom emulation though. The emulation scene for the PSP is pretty dead. Not much action going on at all.

As for games, the PSP does have a few good games
smile.gif
and you can play a shit lot of PSX games on it as well.

Get a PSP-2000 (aka slim) it should be hackable. Although I haven't followed the PSP hacking scene in months. Not sure if all new PSP have new boards that are not hacable. AFAIK though all PSP-2000 are hackable right now??? Cause even the PSP-3000 got some hacks now.

I would buy it used! just make sure the screen is in excellent condition. Otherwise pay the big bucks at the store for a new one. It seems like you have the money. I remember paying $300 for mine new when they were very expensive.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for the PSP Go, the PSP 1-3K are dying...

But if you do buy the PSP 3K just pm me and i'll b glad to help you out wtih hacking it and
not wasting any money on the PSP other than what you spend on buying it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The PSP go is really a terrible choice that really needs to be avoided.

I had a PSP myself for a little while, and it's a pretty neat device. While it's gaming library isn't even close to the DS's, it has a few little gems of its own. On the other hand, the emulation is fabulous, and there's a good amount of useful homebrew.

Though, I'd rather just get a psp phat though. Find it used, and it'd be cheap as heck. In fact, I bought mine for 70 bucks Canadian for a almost new psp phat. Modded that, and haven't looked back.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was a article that says the hardware needed to build the PSP-3000 was more pricey than the PSP Go due to the UMD drive and the cost for the PSP Go is overcharged big time by Sony as onboard flash is much cheaper.

Aside from that: I would buy a used one off Craigslist seeking that they are selling PSP 3000 around my area for $100-140.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
look on the bright side, where have you seen the latest PSP in 4GB? It's my first time to see one since most of the bundle ones are 1GB plus crap of bundles. What are the things included in the PSP 3000 4GB bundle again aside from the memory and the game?

QUOTE said:
PSP: 3000 System (Piano Black)
Rock Band Unplugged Game
School of Rock Playstation Store downloadable Movie Voucher
4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
Also Includes: AC Power Card, AC Adaptor, Battery Pack

ok. not much. i wonder how much are these when bought separatey?

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well just the system and game are $210 seperatly ( the bundle is 200 ) and it also has a movie and 4gb so i think it gives you about $50 of free stuff

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, PSP has really nice graphics for a handheld, but N64 emulation is still not that good...at least it was last time I tested DadaelusX64 or how it's called

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...