Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I find the rom switching is extremely tedious and annoying, but well, for people who can't find a 4.X 3DS, it might actually be an option to consider
however, I still prefer my Gateway though... if I wouldn't already own 2 3DSXL systems, then I might consider buying a N3DXL + this card, but for me as it is right now, I'll stick with what I got :-)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
maybe i'm just blind, but i actually cant see the button at all on that card it just looks like he points at nothing XD, i suppose people who don't want to wait half an hour to go through the games could just use a few smaller capacity cards rather than like 64GB cards, or just put actual games you want to play and not fll it up for the sake of it.....we are spoiled with gateway i think

Reactions: cvskid

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well the price of this card is funny imagine if you stuck with a 3ds with lets say firmware 9 you can sell it and buy a 4.5 3ds and a gateway and you would have paid less than the price of this new flashcard , i guess also that this card wont have eshop games etc ...

I agree with you but there are people like me that can't easily get a used 3DS for cheap. Even if I import it the charges would be high, so it's worth getting this imo. However the $120 price isn't official yet (afaik).

Anyways my 3DS is currently on 7.0.0-13U. Should I update to 9.0.0-20U just for this? Since they didn't mention if it would work on lower firmwares.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I like the 4.5 limitation and I hope it is never broken, I'm sure one day the console will be blown wide open, but it's more enjoyable to own something that meets a certain criteria, opposed to not mattering at all what model you have. When there's nothing special about your possessions, it's hard to appreciate them. The marketing theme of this card is also highly nerdy, and irrelevant to its purpose, something I'd expect to see plastered on a gigantic cooling apparatus for the 360.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i watched it a second time and still couldn't see it :P, maybe i would need to watch frame by frame :rofl2:

dito, can't see a button there, but apparently he IS pressing something so there has to be a button thingy there X.x
well, anyone else disappointed, that it isn't a female hand with red fingernails? :P
at least Gateway knows, how to write "Flashcard".... and not "Fashcard" :-)

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Perfect timing with the New 3DSes coming out. I was dreading the idea of having to hold onto my old 3DSes for ROM functionality.
Though there are unanswered questions, such as region restrictions and confirmation of New 3DS titles working.

I think the price is a placeholder, they had to put a price there in order to create the listing.
besides it's on other sites for different prices, such as $92 here $75 here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly hi luney.

They are making the same mistake as Gateway. Keeping a price too high to chase away the potential buyers. If Gateway's launch price were $50-60, no one would have bought a clone.

How large is the library for the 3DS? We only have Smash Brothers 3DS and new Pokemon games to pirate on this card. Other older games must have been pirated by now.

You can get the 3 upcoming games for this price, support Nintendo, why support piracy when there is nothing to gain?

If this card is $60 then I will definitely buy 1 for collection otherwise they can go *bleep* *bleep*.

Bye...
If gateway cost $10 and a functionally identical (or even just "it plays the games") device cost $9 a sizeable portion of this crowd would have... a few packs of lemonheads with the savings or something.

Also what is the nothing to gain part? I do agree the 3ds has no games (especially as I do not care for pokemon and would be surprised if I cared for smash) though.

But wouldn't you rather support nintendo by buying 4 3DS games than some flashcard company?
Haha, classic.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyways my 3DS is currently on 7.0.0-13U. Should I update to 9.0.0-20U just for this? Since they didn't mention if it would work on lower firmwares.

No, you won't need to update to 9, so I'd stay on 7 for now, to be safer for other potential exploits. Your 3DS sees this as a regular flashcart, so your system version only matters if it's required to be higher by the game you're putting in.

i watched it a second time and still couldn't see it :P , maybe i would need to watch frame by frame :rofl2:
dito, can't see a button there, but apparently he IS pressing something so there has to be a button thingy there X.x
well, anyone else disappointed, that it isn't a female hand with red fingernails? :P
at least Gateway knows, how to write "Flashcard".... and not "Fashcard" :-)
Here you go, the button is just flush with the top of the cart and made of the same plastic, so it's very hard to see in that lighting.
Wcp2epZ.jpg

Reactions: cvskid and Pawed

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

gee, that one is hard to spot, especially in a video :wtf:
you would figure some genius inventor would actually consider painting the button differently than the plastic surrounding it, especially if he were to showcase its function in a freaking youtube video, but meh, they can't even write Flashcard properly, so that kinda explains alot :D
and yes, no matter how succesfull this card may get, I will never forget, how they misspelled Flashcard in their first video, it is burnt into my memory for all eternity :D damn you, sky3ds, get someone to proof read your shit :D

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks legit, i hope it isn´t fake. However, if its not fake, i will buy this card for the New Nintendo 3DS, until gateway get their card running on 9.0. :)
A video with a 2DS console would have been welcome and would have to remove doubts about its operation.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
this is great if legit. all they need is a way to get a menu to select games, a button doesn't cut it. will be interesting to see if gateway can duplicate this card and beat it feature wise.

They can't. That card works without an exploit. They can't implement a game menu like GW without something that has control over the 3ds menu and this flashcard isn't , it just disguises itself as a real cart

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Nintendo can simply block this card mac address/ID within next FW updates then its useless: have to buy a whole new card (unless its future-proof and can spoof new... who knows....)

Using 4.5 with higher emuNAND is the way to go for HB, guaranteed usability, and no worries about updates while you carry on playing.

I know you dont have to update, but most people do it by "accident" or it auto does and it leaves them in limbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: 4.90 ? 4.90.1?