Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
far cry working

use Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to 249 and must be rebooted to disc channel using gamma, game will no longer freeze after 1st level

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiigee said:
MLB power pros 2008

i have no problem with a 1:1 copy, boots and plays fine

Waninkoko's or WiiGator's cIOS? I have another confirmation with Waninkoko's, one with WiiGator's would be nice.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiigee said:
WiiPower said:
wiigee said:
MLB power pros 2008

i have no problem with a 1:1 copy, boots and plays fine

Waninkoko's or WiiGator's cIOS? I have another confirmation with Waninkoko's, one with WiiGator's would be nice.

sorry, but how do i tell?

Sorry, i don't know how to identify your cIOS. You have to know which installer you used. If you used a offline installation, it's easy:
you needed a wad ==> Waninkoko
you needed >15 files ==> WiiGator

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator then

confirmed by reading meta.xml of install file

0.3 gamma
WiiGator
cIOS Installer for Backup Launcher

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiigee said:
WiiGator then

confirmed by reading meta.xml of install file

0.3 gamma
WiiGator
cIOS Installer for Backup Launcher

Updated the 1st post.

After a little cheating, it looks like 99% compatibility.

K

Kurisuellegarden

I'd like to say that Dance Dance Revolutoin Furu Furu Party needs a 002 fix!!!

Funny thing is...I really didn't ever know what the 002 problem was caused by but someone made a channel of gamma with the fix already so I downloaded it a day before I ever got the game! :wtf: xD It's like some mysterious force pushed me to download it so I wouldn't have to be freaked out about the problem.

Sakabadger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems getting Okami (NTSC-U) to work, hopefully someone here can help shed some light on the problem.

Wii is on 3.2U
Using WiiGator's Gamma 0.3 Loader, as per http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

Burned the game using zry-okami.iso (NTSC-U)
Verbatim DVD-R at 2x
IMGburn has it verified against the ISO

The first time around I brickblocked it and burned it, second time around I patched it to IOS249 without brickblocking. In both cases I get the "eject disc and reboot" type of error. I've burned a couple other games using the same setup and specifications, so I'm fairly confident it's not a burning issue...

Does anyone have any idea how I might get it to work? I'd hate to keep wasting discs like this.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sakabadger said:
I'm having some problems getting Okami (NTSC-U) to work, hopefully someone here can help shed some light on the problem.

Wii is on 3.2U
Using WiiGator's Gamma 0.3 Loader, as per http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

Burned the game using zry-okami.iso (NTSC-U)
Verbatim DVD-R at 2x
IMGburn has it verified against the ISO

The first time around I brickblocked it and burned it, second time around I patched it to IOS249 without brickblocking. In both cases I get the "eject disc and reboot" type of error. I've burned a couple other games using the same setup and specifications, so I'm fairly confident it's not a burning issue...

Does anyone have any idea how I might get it to work? I'd hate to keep wasting discs like this.

Most common reasons why specifc games don't run

[...]

- you are using the wrong cIOS, if you are not sure which one you use, it's the wrong one
The latest SoftChip revision tells you which revison the loaded IOS has, for now it has to say IOS249 (Revision 7)

[...]

Sakabadger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would help if you could inform me how I might get my system on IOS249, as I'm afraid I don't have a clue about SoftChip or anything like that.

AFAIK mine is on IOUS36.something...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sakabadger said:
I guess it would help if you could inform me how I might get my system on IOS249, as I'm afraid I don't have a clue about SoftChip or anything like that.

AFAIK mine is on IOUS36.something...

That's exactly the meaning of "if you are not sure which one you use, it's the wrong one".

http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
wiigee said:
summer sports 2 next.....just gotta grab a disc to try

my best results are as follows:

1:1 copy

gamma rebooted (press b) to load game into disk channel and launch from there

pressing home button only on remote a few times whilst loading (dont get white screen, so im just pressing it a few times before the remote screen appears)

once the remote screen appears it goes to its second page and then continues to load and play fine

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiigee said:
wiigee said:

gamma rebooted (press b) to load game into disk channel

pressing home button only on remote (dont get white screen, so im just pressing it a few times before the remote screen appears)

once the remote screen appears it goes to second page and then continues to load and play fine

Needing the rebooter is very bad as it disables some stuff you need for import games. Are you able to load the game normally without the rebooter?

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
wiigee said:
wiigee said:

gamma rebooted (press b) to load game into disk channel

pressing home button only on remote (dont get white screen, so im just pressing it a few times before the remote screen appears)

once the remote screen appears it goes to second page and then continues to load and play fine

Needing the rebooter is very bad as it disables some stuff you need for import games. Are you able to load the game normally without the rebooter?

i have had no sucess using gamma without rebooting, but that may be due to "timing", but 100% sucess rebooting, i'll try patched disks again.....and report back

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiigee said:
i have had no sucess using gamma without rebooting, but that may be due to "timing", but 100% sucess rebooting, i'll try patched dicks again.....and report back

Patching is bad too if there's a way to run the game without patching.

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any ideas about the game 'boogie', it wont work either with any loader and my daughter is really waiting for it to work.

Happy new year everybody by the way!!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wim6 said:
Any ideas about the game 'boogie', it wont work either with any loader and my daughter is really waiting for it to work.

Happy new year everybody by the way!!

Please only tell game xy doesn't work, when you provide more infos. There are lots of people having problems with the absolute basics, DVD+Rs, wrong cIOS and bad burns. I need more information to be able to "decide" if you know what you are doing and the game really doesn't work, or if it's your fault. Sorry for being this direct, but i don't want this thread flooded by reports like "game xy doesn't work" while 100 people have no problem with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k