Geek vs. Nerd

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me spell it out for you

Geek: Although not at the top of the sexual food chain, they can make their way through a social outing though and not get a wedgie or a swirly. They are often seen as up to date with all the newest devices.

Nerd: A social wreck. Goes out in public with his hair combed over and his pocket protector at the ready so he doesn't stain his plaid shirt. Usually comes with a slightly slumped back. Pants can range from just above acceptable level to Steve Urkel heights.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
Joe Normal
8 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 8% DorkÂ
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!

If you enjoyed this test, I would love the feedback!

unsure.gif

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i really musn't be a nerd cause i can't even find this interwebs website or whatever this test is. so i took another one and 95% of people who took the test are nerdier than me. so im happy ^^

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Pure Geek
39 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 34% Dork
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Geek, earning you the title of: Pure Geek.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE(Wayne's World) said:
Oh god I made eye contact

Whoo internet tests, I must say though that as all the "cool" kids paid for their alcohol and computer games not to mention did not put it together that it might be a good idea to travel more than 50m to go get baked back in high school I am glad I was not with them.
Numbers (suprisingly low I thought)
47 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 17% Dork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't like people, but if people mess with me they usually pay for it. I like videogames and computers but I also go to the gym a couple hours a day. I don't know what I am, but I would take it as an insult if someone called me a geek or a nerd.

Oh dear - thats the type of phrase uttered by a geek/nerd/dork.

A

Azngamer15

Pure Geek
43 % Nerd, 82% Geek, 43% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Geek, earning you the title of: Pure Geek.

It's not that you're a school junkie, like the nerd, and you don't really stand out in a crowd, like the dork, you just have some interests that aren't quite mainstream. Perhaps it's anime, perhaps it's computers, perhaps it's bottlecaps, perhaps it's all of those and more. Your interests take you to events and gatherings that are filled with people you find unusual and beyond-the-pale, but you don't quite consider yourself "of that crowd." Instead, you consider yourself to be fairly normal.

Which, you are.

Congratulations! You're the one on the RIGHT!

jesus christ!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy