GBAtemp T-shirt Contest Winner #1

Considering its price and quality, will you purchase the t-shirt?

• Yes, I am 100% certain to purchase it.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I will not purchase it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided at this point.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I say it's something I'll buy, can it mean like next month when I actually have money? Or does it imply that I'll buy it straight from the get-go?
unsure.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
despite it being a really good design, I wouldn't buy it it really wouldn't ook good on me and being honest I can't really see many of us wearing this, this design is more somethin you'd wear to a gaming convention rather than out and about daily life.

I find this to be a real shame, it IS a great design just not one alot of people would wear (I can only see the younger generation wearing this). I hope this doesn't dishearten Orc in anyway because he has some incredible designs that I'm sure aot of us woud wear, just not this one.

And also on a more "personal" and quite "picky" note the sword looks too much like a cross, like some of Orc's other designs and I couldn't wear that as I'm not religious in anyway and people can very easily misinterpret what it is.

(Sorry Orc, please know that your designs are AMAZING and I would wear alot of them if on a t-shirt, just not this one
frown.gif
).

D

Deleted User

Still undecided, but more "won't buy". I don't really like the fact, that although it's obviously a sword, the T looks like a cross on the first glimpse. In addtion to this the font used for "gba emp" looks too much like Graffiti for me. I know, it's easy to complain about something if you didn't contribute anything yourself, but please note that it's just my personal opinion.

To anyone complaining about the price, you can't be serious, 12 USD shipped is nothing.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I think the sword looks tacky, but what's with all the "I couldn't wear it because people would think I'm an xtian". I'm a lifelong atheist and I would wear something with a cross if I liked the style of it.

Takeshi: $12 is a lot when the cost of a fruit of the loom/screen stars ~150gsm (or similar brand) T is $1.50, slap on $1 of ink and a little shipping and it is a nice wedge being made somewhere. If I want a cheap generic T I'll goto the local shop who sells them for under $8.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
George Dawes said:
Takeshi: $12 is a lot when the cost of a fruit of the loom/screen stars ~150gsm (or similar brand) T is $1.50, slap on $1 of ink and a little shipping and it is a nice wedge being made somewhere. If I want a cheap generic T I'll goto the local shop who sells them for under $8.
That's a pretty inaccurate break down. Don't forget things such as labour, machinery costs/running costs, transportation, advertising, store maintenance/running costs and so much more. And do you know how much it costs to ship something from China to the States? I expect delivery costs on an individual t-shirt alone to be near $3~4 USD.

And on top of all that, Orc will be getting a small cut.

They don't run a charity. We're not supposed to be GIVING these shirts away.

D

Deleted User

George Dawes said:
I think the sword looks tacky, but what's with all the "I couldn't wear it because people would think I'm an xtian". I'm a lifelong atheist and I would wear something with a cross if I liked the style of it.

I agree with you on the cross thing, it's just that I don't think it fits well with my idea of GBAtemp.

I know that they are going to make some profit on this, but I really don't care. First, most shirts I buy tend to be around 30-50 EUR and second, how come so many of you say that this is "just a generic shirt"? If you'd want some generic shirt, you can, like you already said, just go to your local mall and get a cheaper one. What's the point in supporting (one) your favourite website(s) with buying a T-Shirt if they don't get some money out of it?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's an awesome design but I'm waiting till all the chosen designs are unveiled before I make a decision on what I'm going to buy.

Congrats, Orc!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, congrats to Orc!

Secondly, I never really had any intentions to buy any winning shirts, but at this price, it is almost hard not to. I am currently undecided, as I want to see what the other winners are, but I think you chose the right path of making the shirts affordable

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To start well done Orc and the other winners

Secondly $12 dollars is a great price, I will definitely be purchasing one from shoptemp, not only to help out the temp but also because I really like the design.

I hope the other designs are as good, I just wish I could buy one now.

Will you be putting up a pre-order system of any kind so that we can be assured we get one out of the first set manufactured?

Thanks guys, really appreciative all the hard work, keep it up

G

GentleFist

not intending to be offensive

but it looks just not worth it, while the design is cool for a t-shirt from gbatemp
the design isnt cool compared to t-shirts i usually wear
and in my region noone knows gbatemp anyway,

would never wear one of these in public, only for sports or at home~

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
PS: if you vote for "undecided" or "no, I will not purchase it", could you please tell us why? just reply to this thread.
I voted no.

Reasons:
1. The design looks like crap
frown.gif

2. The "master sword" looking "T" actually looks like a religious cross.
3. The word GBATemp looks too overcomplicated
4. Im 30 years old
tongue.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd buy it for the sake that ORCORCORC made that design because I love Orc and he is amazing. Admittedly though, the design isn't something that would necessarily go for plus it's black, yeah. That's just me and I don't really care because that is a damn fine price, Costy. Damn fine.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
I voted yes...

Still I will not buy it for the following reasons:

- I live in Portugal and oddly there isn't shipping available for my country (I already tried to purchase something and it told me that it couldn't be completed because Portugal wasn't available at the moment)

- I currently don't have the money for it...

- I bought a T-shirt an year ago in a well known website it teared it apart in just 2 days of use --'

- Afraid of the shirt's tissue...

EDIT: The T could be closed in the end so it looked like a sword... That way no one would comply about it and it still looked great...
Just saying anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...