GBAtemp T-shirt Contest Winner #1

Considering its price and quality, will you purchase the t-shirt?

• Yes, I am 100% certain to purchase it.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I will not purchase it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided at this point.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
On behalf of the staff, I am happy to announce today the first winner of the GBAtemp T-shirt Design Competition!

There's been some amazing entries from a lot of people. And believe me, we have had lengthy debates in the staff forum & IRC channel as to which designs should be retained. None of the winning entries pleased everyone. In fact, that first winning entry was highly appreciated by most of the staff, but some of them were stronlgy opposed to having it produced. All in all, it's extremely difficult to please everyone, and we expect that some of you will not appreciate that first design. However, like we stated before, there will be at least 5 different t-shirts produced. We'll do our best to please everyone with our overall selection, if that's physically possible.

Without further ado: the first winner is Orc with his amazing 8-bit Famicom-style black shirt design! As promised Orc will be perceiving a share of the benefits on the sales, as well as a free t-shirt sample. Note that the preview photo has watermarking (ORC ORC ORC...) which the final design will not have.

About that, there's something you'll be interested in knowing: the price. There are multiple factors to be considered. First, we have established as a requirement that all t-shirts should be produced from quality material. I have already sent ShopTemp a sample of what I expect in terms of quality. Second, there's the cost of shipping to be considered. And third, other fees such as PayPal and the benefits for designers. We've tried to keep the price as low as possible, keeping in mind that those shirts are primarily intended for the community, and not for profit. As a result of our -once again- lengthy debates we've decided that the price of a shirt, shipping included, should be $12. Moreover if you order the shirt together with some other products such as the SCDSTWO, Dingoo and many more, the price of the shirt will be under $10.

Now this is a first for us. Although the staff was pretty happy about that design, we have no idea how you guys are going to react. Are you liking the shirt? Are you going to buy it at that price? We need answers before we start production. We need to know if we should produce tens, hundreds or thousands. We're counting on you for answering this poll honestly by informing us of your intentions. Of course the poll will not be taken as a definitive answer- there's a big difference between voting in a poll and actually purchasing something.

So here is a summary of the information:
  • T-shirts will be made off solid material, overall quality will be excellent
  • Retail price will be $12 for the shirt alone, but when bundled with other items it'll go down to $10
  • Please vote letting us know what you think about it: will you be buying it?
To vote in the poll simply open this very thread by clicking the "Comment" link below. Thanks in advance for your honesty!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
PS: if you vote for "undecided" or "no, I will not purchase it", could you please tell us why? just reply to this thread.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted undecided, because I can't really guarantee I'd buy but it's like a 70%, I do want one.
I decided I don't care if it's nerdy.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

p.s. I hope mthr is my homeboy is one of the secondary winners
biggrin.gif

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm undecided at this point. It's a cool shirt and all, but it doesn't really convey anything that represents GBAtemp in any practical sense. It's not like people will look at it and just "get it", if you know what I mean. The way I see it, these t-shirts are a way for you to become a moving ad for something you care about (well, that's how I use my xkcd t-shirt, anyway), and this doesn't cut it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Prowler485 said:
Yes. I will buy it. It's sexy.
If it's $12 that will be around £8 plus whatever shipping.
QUOTE(Costello @ Jun 18 2010, 09:52 AM) About that, there's something you'll be interested in knowing: the price. There are multiple factors to be considered. First, we have established as a requirement that all t-shirts should be produced from quality material. I have already sent ShopTemp a sample of what I expect in terms of quality. Second, there's the cost of shipping to be considered. And third, other fees such as PayPal and the benefits for designers. We've tried to keep the price as low as possible, keeping in mind that those shirts are primarily intended for the community, and not for profit. As a result of our -once again- lengthy debates we've decided that the price of a shirt, shipping included, should be $12. Moreover if you order the shirt together with some other products such as the SCSDTWO, Dingoo and many more, the price of the shirt will be under $10.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose Undecided because I have to consider other uses for my money first in the near future. I want it but don't know when will be the best time for me to buy it. I don't tend to buy new clothes but next time I need a shirt I'll be having this in mind ^-^

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Toni Plutonij said:
Prowler485 said:
Yes. I will buy it. It's sexy.
If it's $12 that will be around £8 plus whatever shipping.
QUOTE(Costello @ Jun 18 2010, 09:52 AM) About that, there's something you'll be interested in knowing: the price. There are multiple factors to be considered. First, we have established as a requirement that all t-shirts should be produced from quality material. I have already sent ShopTemp a sample of what I expect in terms of quality. Second, there's the cost of shipping to be considered. And third, other fees such as PayPal and the benefits for designers. We've tried to keep the price as low as possible, keeping in mind that those shirts are primarily intended for the community, and not for profit. As a result of our -once again- lengthy debates we've decided that the price of a shirt, shipping included, should be $12. Moreover if you order the shirt together with some other products such as the SCSDTWO, Dingoo and many more, the price of the shirt will be under $10.
:x I read it wrong. That's even more better
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the winning design is a bit to 90s and 14yr old fanboy-ish for me. i can easily see how much time was put into drawing all the pixels but i'll have to pass on this design. i'm hoping for something a bit more modern, with that classic feel, which can be worn out every day.

i'm a little bit confused over what the image is? is it suppose to be the gbatemp mascot wearing some type of heavy metal armor? what is that radio antenna thing on its head? is that like the "gaming" signal that kills all your retro enemies?

this would have been a great shirt during grade school, but alas i am now in my 30s and i can't see myself wearing this anywhere. then again, if mag staff could have gone to e3 i would have worn it there.

$12 is really cheap, by the way. i own a few custom shirts from various artists and i usually pay around $45+ for those.

this would make a great shirt for a retro gbatemp 8bit chiptunes heavy metal band!!

-another world

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an awesome design, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it. The price is great for a logo shirt, but most of my friends aren't pirates, so it'd be a little out of place.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I think the price is great, but the design just doesnt tempt be to buy. Nothing against the design, it just isnt something I'd wear, but then as a 43 year old father, I'm probably not the target audience.

btw I've also never really liked the mascot much, so probably not surprising I'm not buying a shirt.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Not

1st, congrats to orc for winning!

2nd, Why not:
- It's a nice design, but i think it's not fit for regular use as a 40 year old aduld
- It's more for the young ppl
- The "gbatemp" design is not what i like, the cross/sword as T just doesn't fit in the gbatemp word
- the gbatemp guy is to agressive comming out

I do like the NES "Game Start" and "Password" words on it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup +1