GBAtemp online radio?

pipesfranco

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know it's just a suggestion but I would love to hear an online radio station on Gbatemp with gaming music / request engine / live dj slots - scene chat and the like.

Cool

www.Slayradio.org is a good example of an online radio community / c64 remixes.

Bandwidth is expensive though for lots of users and sound quality, unless you know someone with spare bandwidth!

SAM broadcaster would be my choice of utility, easily listed on shoutcast and easy to use.

What you reckon maybe something for the future?

I only bring it up as a suggestion and that ive been tinkering with online radio for a while.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be pretty awesome, but I'm sure there are alot of different musical interests here that surely don't get along very well.

Q~

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't see GBAtemp broadcasting copyrighted songs or content in general, and besides copyrighted content well I'm sure it's possible to find some good songs and musics but 24/7 ? hmm...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What about pure nintendo gaming music with perhaps other formats (old skool) thrown in for good measure?
What Costello said, game music is copyrighted material so it's illegal to broadcast it wihout permission from the copyright holder.

Plus I doubt enough people would be interested to make it worth doing. Like the Podcast idea that was thrown around a while ago, I think it'd only appeal to a minority of users.
2ND!!

Lets just stick with what we're good at eh guys. Plenty of other sources for gaming podcasts/music sources.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users