OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can we get pix of the GUI to confirm it? At least one... you say you have the hardware, and i know it doesn't take more than 3 minutes for you to transfer a picture from your digital camera to GBAtemp.

Costello would kill me lol. It's not finished. I'll check but I don't like the odds.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it's real you guys are stupid.. why announce it on april 1st?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if (GBAtemper){
//give it the ability to play .swfs
//or other flash games
//give.NDS = ability to play flash games,etc at a reasonable FPS (no more than 12 or so)
}

Right now its impossible.. but.. you're making new hardware. Please make it possible! D:

Now i made myself feel bad by sounding like im interrogating you guys to do the impossible.

Opium said:
Costello would kill me lol. It's not finished. I'll check but I don't like the odds.
Thanks, i appreciate it man. However, this may be considered the impossible i just edited my post for.

HOPEFULLY FINAL EDIT: What is shaunj66 doing? Drinking beer while you guys are doing the work? xD *sigh* reminds me of a few people i know.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Opium said:
Thanks, i appreciate it man. However, this may be considered the impossible i just edited my post for.

HOPEFULLY FINAL EDIT: What is shaunj66 doing? Drinking beer while you guys are doing the work? xD *sigh* reminds me of a few people i know.

shhhhh, if you find my charred remains of a body remember I was a good man
ph34r.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opium said:

ph34r.gif

Holy fuck.

EDIT: Hay could that just be an EZ-V skin?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Opium said:

ph34r.gif

Holy fuck.

EDIT: Hay could that just be an EZ-V skin?

Yes, loosely based off it. I told you it's not finished yet. That's why we don't share things
wink2.gif

*edit* doesn't use moonshell though
smile.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This would be cool if it wasn't blatantly an April Fool's joke. Ooops! Its just hit 12.00PM in Britain!

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
First april fool I fell for today (until I opened comments)... and I've been through three of them already. Does that tell you anything about the credibility of GBATemp for me?
wink.gif

if (GBAtemper){
  //or other flash games
  //give.NDS = ability to play flash games,etc at a reasonable FPS (no more than 12 or so)
}
You're aware that this if-statement does nothing and any good compiler would optimize it away?
wink.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice fake skin there btw Opium. I have to say, it would be convincing if you hadn't taken it at such an awkward angle and posted it up at the smallest resolution possible...

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe it is real and they only released it on AFD because they wanted to watch us arguing. Maybe they also wanted us to speculate about it's features so if one of us says something good they have not already thought of they can include it.

- Sam

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if (GBAtemper){
  //or other flash games
}
You're aware that this if-statement does nothing and any good compiler would optimize it away?
wink.gif

hmmm he didn't say what language is used. In the given language each expression could have to be started with //

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm would have been better if they made this posts 2 days ago, then the joke would have had more impact then on 1 april
wink.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be good if the card notified GBATemp what game you launched so your user page could record your stats and your most played games etc.
Also maybe it could report what game you were playing (it could tell when you quit because you would have to reset to menu) so you could get something like this:
4g7fuo5.png

- Sam

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, just connects when you launch a game. Mind you, there would be a bit of wait. Maybe it could be optional?

- Sam

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, it's probably not a very good idea and it would be a bit pointless...

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nice first april prank. A creative one since a long time ( got tired of the "RIAA shut us down" pranks
wink.gif
). A pity though as this idea by itself would haven been really interesting ( open source firmware... now that would be great
biggrin.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds