GBATEMP lag, double post thang again

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
could anyone be more specific as to what is happening?
Just people giving excuses to artificially increase their post count :P

They just have to be more patient and let the forum do it's thing. I haven't had a single double post (sounds weird, don't it?) so far. But yeah, there is a noticeable lag (10 - 15 sec) while posting.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm lagging just trying to read the board. I've been using the F5 key a lot more than normal due to timeouts and 504 errors.

Haven't had anything double post, but then I don't post that much. Posting does take 20+ seconds though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will echo the others though it has only been the last few hours I have been getting the 504s. I even had a search fail on me earlier* though I do not know if that was if you enacted measures (it was after you noted this topic).

For the past few days (maybe up to about a week though I was on lousy connections for the week prior so it might have been longer) what I imagine to be the database access stuff has been a bit slower -- things like posting, getting alerts, editing posts, doing the moderator bit up to and including simply selecting posts sometimes sees me get more posts selected (if I select 2 I might get 4, it might also still tell me I have two selected even if I merged the posts or something). I have made a few double posts but most of those were because the posts did not automatically add and revert me and it sometimes takes a full page refresh (control and f5) to find out I did actually succeed in posting.
I have had to sort an increasingly large amount of double posts as well.

A couple of weeks back it was not instant but definitely blink and you miss it.

*I do not know if it is because I am staff or what but I have no time limits/cooldown times on my searches and I can search for nothing but restrict by member name.

Reactions: Hikaru

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a bit of the internet feels lagy. Speed tests show I have good ping and speed but certain sites like ebay and the temp are bogging down. Even google searches feel a bit slower than normal.

Reactions: Coltonamore

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

For me when I post, that little icon in the top right shows, and then it will disappear without my post being posted, it'll still be in the quick reply.

I go to the main forums, go back to the thread, and then it shows my post being posted.

Also I get no alerts when people reply to me or send me a PM.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems like the problem is gone here, pages load really fast now ^_^

Posting goes really slow though. Had to reload the page to make my post appear.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. The site has been mucking up for me as well. Got a 504 Gateway Timeout earlier as well.

/sob

Took 10 minutes for this post to go through. Sheeeeeeeesh! And I've been seeing double posts all over the 'Temp.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Possible solution: stop using Ajax (or whatever equivalent is used) to handle quick reply submission. (Do a full post back). When people see the page still loading, they don't think the request was dropped and press the button again.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Possible solution: stop using Ajax (or whatever equivalent is used) to handle quick reply submission. (Do a full post back). When people see the page still loading, they don't think the request was dropped and press the button again.

Edit: This was unintentional. Really.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The 504 server error I've gotten multiple times today might have something to do with it. Any leads as to the root cause?:unsure:

The server has been as laggy as hell when posting or liking posts. What the hell's wrong with this site? 504 errors, lagging posts, this is getting weird :blink:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: GRAH

I know, right? The server's been sucking hard for a while now. Posts take me 10-15 seconds to post, same with liking, and 504 error are common. It shows the little loading icon on the top-right corner, then disappears. I press F5, my post is magically there. WTF? It ain't my connection, and since I'm on Ethernet, I've been getting 15 mbps (which is good for a college apartment complex)

Reactions: Chary

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly haven't had too many issues, although posts do take some time to show up after I click post reply.

EDIT: This post just took me 23 seconds to load.

EDIT2: And another 34 or so to save changes to the edit above.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hurt ancientbois feelings