GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide

Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In case someone need here a basic scheme to make sorting system with Simple Storage.
From top left to right bottom :
View attachment 273720

You need to first to make a duo of block (till these two block are together what ever the scheme it work.)
The duo consist of : [Storage Network Root] & [Storage Request Table]
[Storage Network Root] is required it will list and link things together.
[Storage Request Table] will show your network (Anything linked to it can be taken and sent.)
The two block can be seen at the top left of the circuit.

Now connect this to your Input chest ( the one you will drop things to be sorted.)
To connect it use [Network Cable] and in the chest hole use [Import Cable]
[Import Cable] is used to get item from the chest into [Network Cable] and send them to your [Storage Network Root]

Now from your [Storage Network Root] connect to your sorting system with both [Network Cable] & [Filtered Link Cable]
[Filtered Link Cable] will allow you to pass items from [Storage Network Root] with a filter system (Blacklist / whitelist method)
using the same idea you can make a chain repeating it till your last chest.

The last chest (one in bottom right) is the dumpster, there will goes any item that do not meet anything filter I placed a [Filtered Link Cable] with a blank blacklist, this way just anything will goes in.
From that same chest I used an [Link Cable] and connected it back to my first input chest with [Export Cable] this way it make a loop. in case later I add more filter chest etc.
so that picture is pretty "simple" but taken me hours to figure out properly how that loop worked, so if anyone need precision / help feel free :)

You can also just throw a link cable on any storage you've got and any items you deposit will inhabit them at random (well, it'll complete stacks of items logically). You only really need to sort 'em if you plan to look in the chests themselves. If you're lazy like myself the link cable is all ya need.

The Storage Request Table can be separated via a network cable so it's really the only visible block you need in your base and you can have multiple wherever you need 'em.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your island is peak Minecraft imo

Whelp I tried to update tonight but apparently Curseforge has like, 1 dude from non-North America cuz it took 5 hours to approve my update for the website and its been over an hour and still nothing on the client.

Server will be updated whenever I wake up cuz it's like 3 AM

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Your island is peak Minecraft imo

Whelp I tried to update tonight but apparently Curseforge has like, 1 dude from non-North America cuz it took 5 hours to approve my update for the website and its been over an hour and still nothing on the client.

Server will be updated whenever I wake up cuz it's like 3 AM
The new version is up for me, so be ready once you wake up.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So that's a fun morning

Everything seemed to go fairly well but then I kept crashing and I was like "Why is this a thing suddenly"

Apparently for whatever reason Sophisticatd Backpacks had a horrendous error, so bad the author archived (deleted basically) the old version and replaced it with a fixed one.

So that mod needs to be updated. You can do it manually if you're having an issue and i'll push a new new modpack version with it already updated for convenience. But man is that wildly bad timining.

I'm currently testing that all new things work as intended.

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In case it helps the direct link for the updated Sophisticated Backpacks download is here.

If you get that updated and manage to connect, it's fun times in the overworld - biomes have gone crazy :D

RW9wze3.jpeg

Last edited by Kirgane,

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
In case it helps the direct link for the updated Sophisticated Backpacks download is here.

If you get that updated and manage to connect, it's fun times in the overworld - biomes have gone crazy :D

RW9wze3.jpeg
funny how we have the same view on that BIG cube :D

Edit: It's me or the server crash when I log in xD?

Last edited by Baoulettes,
Reactions: Chary and Kirgane

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Minecraft's world optimizer to see if that'll fix the issues. Frankly i've never used it before so I have no idea lol.

It was a real chore getting the 13gb world to my PC but it's now in the process and I imagine it's going to take quite a while given the world was massive.

Tbh i've never had issues like this before when adding new dimensions. This server has always been a clusterfuck with biomes for some reason. But they seemed to be causing a ton of lag and issues so there's no real point me loading the server up till it's all fixed.

Reactions: Chary and Kirgane

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I'm using Minecraft's world optimizer to see if that'll fix the issues. Frankly i've never used it before so I have no idea lol.

It was a real chore getting the 13gb world to my PC but it's now in the process and I imagine it's going to take quite a while given the world was massive.

Tbh i've never had issues like this before when adding new dimensions. This server has always been a clusterfuck with biomes for some reason. But they seemed to be causing a ton of lag and issues so there's no real point me loading the server up till it's all fixed.
make a full reset xD /s
I mean even if I may be one of those that has shitload of hours on it I am not against it in last resort tbh, maybe try to revert to older version of mods etc, and add one by one ?

Reactions: Chary

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well... from my experience of running a fairly simple Paper server with a modest set of plugins, enough goes wrong with that during updates, so this random level of "WTF" right now doesn't surprise me at all :lol:

At the worst case I wouldn't mind a full reset either. I pretty much went into spending time here accepting there may be wipes. Buuut maybe possible to keep the stuff in our inventories / enderchests? Player .dat files should transfer over without too much fiddling AFAIK.

Reactions: Chary

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The biomes on this map are genuinely bonkers like, they change without the slightest provocation.
It's baffling lol. I've never, ever seen minecraft do this before.

I found what could possibly be considered a "fix".
Why is it a fix? Hell if I know

I was testing if things would run fine without Blue Skies and Better End...and they do. Then I swapped back, loaded in and all the bonkers borked biomes didn't happen.
They're still...very jumbled, but they're very jumbled Minecraft overworld and biomes o plenty biomes not...freaking alternate dimension+end biomes.

edit: I'm testing the "fix" on the server but I wouldn't bother joining till I confirm things are not super borked

Last edited by Hells Malice,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
The biomes on this map are genuinely bonkers like, they change without the slightest provocation.
It's baffling lol. I've never, ever seen minecraft do this before.

I found what could possibly be considered a "fix".
Why is it a fix? Hell if I know

I was testing if things would run fine without Blue Skies and Better End...and they do. Then I swapped back, loaded in and all the bonkers borked biomes didn't happen.
They're still...very jumbled, but they're very jumbled Minecraft overworld and biomes o plenty biomes not...freaking alternate dimension+end biomes.

edit: I'm testing the "fix" on the server but I wouldn't bother joining till I confirm things are not super borked
Maybe try it without only Better End OR Blue Skies?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...