GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide

Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
funny I do not have issues with insider build ? Oo
Currently on windows 11 and overwolf do not prompt me anything :)

Edit : You may want to check that :
https://support.overwolf.com/en/sup...es/9000197893-windows-insider-support-removal
In Override section you force allow insider build somehow mine was on true already :)

I can confirme toggling it to False show me your error :)
So I remade it to true ahah.
tried that and it did nothing
but then im using multimc now anyways

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
manually
becuase it makes a completely new minecraft folder
Yeah, I had to copy everything over manually, and tweak my settings again to match my CurseForge build. I still get 30 locked at 12 chunk render distance.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had to copy everything over manually, and tweak my settings again to match my CurseForge build. I still get 30 locked at 12 chunk render distance.
Grab the performance+ modpack from curseforge and copy all that junk into your Minecraft install folder. Took me from 45FPS/20 chunks to 144/26 chunks and I'm pretty sure I'm only throttled be my monitor

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an update on the update

Chary and I bought new ram. Hopefully it works lol. If it does we'll never have RAM issues again (64gb 3600mhz)

I've basically finished testing/configuring the new mods, there's a fair number of them. More than I meant to add honestly. But according to my load timer it only increased the modpack load time from 25 seconds to 35. Not bad honestly. And most of them are new dimensions (and an End rework) so it adds virtually no bloat to the overworld. I'll have a full list of changes/additions when it actually goes live. I work early tomorrow so I can't do it tonight, so hopefully tomorrow evening.

Reactions: Kirgane and Chary

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Time to get stockpiling some sand, gravel, and clay for delicious TC grout when the update drops!

Inb4 Malice changes the grout recipe to require nether stars

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
In case someone need here a basic scheme to make sorting system with Simple Storage.
From top left to right bottom :
2021-08-22 07_57_48-Minecraft_ 1.16.5 - Singleplayer.png

You need to first to make a duo of block (till these two block are together what ever the scheme it work.)
The duo consist of : [Storage Network Root] & [Storage Request Table]
[Storage Network Root] is required it will list and link things together.
[Storage Request Table] will show your network (Anything linked to it can be taken and sent.)
The two block can be seen at the top left of the circuit.

Now connect this to your Input chest ( the one you will drop things to be sorted.)
To connect it use [Network Cable] and in the chest hole use [Import Cable]
[Import Cable] is used to get item from the chest into [Network Cable] and send them to your [Storage Network Root]

Now from your [Storage Network Root] connect to your sorting system with both [Network Cable] & [Filtered Link Cable]
[Filtered Link Cable] will allow you to pass items from [Storage Network Root] with a filter system (Blacklist / whitelist method)
using the same idea you can make a chain repeating it till your last chest.

The last chest (one in bottom right) is the dumpster, there will goes any item that do not meet anything filter I placed a [Filtered Link Cable] with a blank blacklist, this way just anything will goes in.
From that same chest I used an [Link Cable] and connected it back to my first input chest with [Export Cable] this way it make a loop. in case later I add more filter chest etc.
so that picture is pretty "simple" but taken me hours to figure out properly how that loop worked, so if anyone need precision / help feel free :)

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case someone need here a basic scheme to make sorting system with Simple Storage.
From top left to right bottom :
View attachment 273720

You need to first to make a duo of block (till these two block are together what ever the scheme it work.)
The duo consist of : [Storage Network Root] & [Storage Request Table]
[Storage Network Root] is required it will list and link things together.
[Storage Request Table] will show your network (Anything linked to it can be taken and sent.)
The two block can be seen at the top left of the circuit.

Now connect this to your Input chest ( the one you will drop things to be sorted.)
To connect it use [Network Cable] and in the chest hole use [Import Cable]
[Import Cable] is used to get item from the chest into [Network Cable] and send them to your [Storage Network Root]

Now from your [Storage Network Root] connect to your sorting system with both [Network Cable] & [Filtered Link Cable]
[Filtered Link Cable] will allow you to pass items from [Storage Network Root] with a filter system (Blacklist / whitelist method)
using the same idea you can make a chain repeating it till your last chest.

The last chest (one in bottom right) is the dumpster, there will goes any item that do not meet anything filter I placed a [Filtered Link Cable] with a blank blacklist, this way just anything will goes in.
From that same chest I used an [Link Cable] and connected it back to my first input chest with [Export Cable] this way it make a loop. in case later I add more filter chest etc.
so that picture is pretty "simple" but taken me hours to figure out properly how that loop worked, so if anyone need precision / help feel free :)
Why so many mods for features in the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    pball79 @ pball79: I'm kinda new here