FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This would appear to be the 21st week of this thread or if you prefer six months but we still get people joining so the quick summary is this is the GBAtemp book game club. Each week a game is posted up that we feel deserves to known about for some reason (although not necessarily due to it being of astounding quality) and then all those that wish to discuss things about the game can do so. Rom hacks, homebrew titles, commercial games and otherwise can feature in this and as hinted at above it will not always be drawn from the top ?? games lists of the systems in question (although it is not limited to it we will tend to pull from the GBA, DS, Wii and gamecube) should something else be notable about the title. On occasion we might list a couple of games or have given theme or additional selection criteria (budget, launch/near launch....).[/p]

Medabots GBA

Several medabots games were made for the GBA but only two branches were released outside Japan with the first being Medabots AX (Medarot G in Japan) which was a fighting game and medabots (a localisation of medarot 2 core) which was an RPG that shared a lot in common with the anime series and one of the many many "pokemon clones" for the GBA (although we hold it exceeded expectations of the genre). Despite being a pokemon clone combat was surprisingly deep with terrain, medaforce, varied parts, stats, sharply limited moves and multiple opponents all combining to make something to think about although it was marred somewhat but a lack of random opponents (your bots could be wildly varied but your opponents were less so).
The other medarot RPG titles were known as Medarot Navi and Shingata medarot which mixed things up a lot but neither have seen much work on the fan translation front, a sequel for this series was made for the DS and is known as Medarot DS but again nothing has yet surfaced on the translation front and there are a whole bunch of them for the gameboy and gameboy colour as well as a gamecube title.[/p]

medabotsmetabeegbaus.jpg
GBAtemp release thread

First 5 minutes A video of a battle. There are several other (longer) battles and a lets play or two out there as well.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVD7TAMxZqY[/youtube]​

Is pokemon bad enough without the cloning or does it now look like Game Freak should step it up a bit?[/p]

discuss.png
Discuss

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=gbagotw&search_app= should get you other links in this series

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first GBA game I liked as much as Pokemon Sapphire. Fond memories of this one, I think I played through the entire thing three times. It's only major flaw in my opinion is that the battles can be VERY long. I recommend using an emulator with speed up for that if you're impatient. Game is really worth playing, though. It's also quite funny at times, for example, when some evil guy presses a self-destruct button, Spyke is like: "What? That only happens in RPGs!"

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played one of these, it was fun. Wish they'd make a new game but, it's not popular or known of anymore so very doubtful. Altho Beyblade made a comback so who knows *shrug*

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I played a lot of the game back in the day, but at a certain point, it gets overtly hard, grindy, and starts to drag on forever... never returned to it since.

Awesome concept, but never really fulfils what it sets out to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://infimobile.com/details/plans-5734270 this is kinda tempting