GBAtemp - 2014 and onwards!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I'm on a whatsapp group where we text when we start to play a multiplayer match for any game that we like, and I love that idea, it works, even for old games, there are aways some guy that appear there, and GBATemp is far bigger than this group, so I think that would be cool if I could create a "now playing XXXX on XXXXX" and this appear on a list on front page or something like that, then when I quit playing I would just delete my "now playing", or It could just expire in a give amount of time. I read pages here, and I think it is not just me that want something similar to that...

I just like to add that I like this thread a lot because GBATemp was once a "find certain file" site, than it became a tutorial community, now is more like a news community, so change roles is not a problem here, and good to know that at least the staff are asking us about it.

Vetta-X

Wii Theme Team Founder
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I don't find the need to post all that often.

I am a contributor to many homebrew scenes and devs. I come and view GBATEMPS news on the front page daily and TBH nothing needs to change. This is one of my favorite sites on the entire internet because it has been a solid source for VALUABLE and VALID news posts for YEARS (long before most of us began developing) I just wanted to say keep up the good work going into 2014 and the great coverage on all homebrew scenes. GBATEMP is a wonderful website as it stands today. EVERYONE from staff to end users alike should be proud to be part of the experience.

Reactions: Ryukouki

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm looking forward to expanding our reviewing/interviewing capabilities. We definitely need to work on creating a base of interesting articles and I'll do my part in the process to the best of my abilities. It would really be great to open the portal up to new users by introducing more and more content that's not strictly for modders and homebrewers, but for all gamers. I imagine the GBATemp becoming a kind of a melting pot where both the casual gamer and the ultra-nerd can co-exist and share common interests.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned this yet, but could we possibly get an app for GBAtemp? I feel Tapatalk isn't just right for GBAtemp (It should be second choice if anything), since the community is growing into something bigger. In addition Tapatalk doesn't support many features like a real forum on computers like shoutbox, and so on. I think the community can do since this is the type of forum that it standout on its own very well. I say this because we provide so much accurate material to the members, and the lurkers, and yet we still don't have an app? I'm not saying its a bad thing, but I am saying that we show ourselves as independent, and not dependent.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned this yet, but could we possibly get an app for GBAtemp? I feel Tapatalk isn't just right for GBAtemp (It should be second choice if anything), since the community is growing into something bigger. In addition Tapatalk doesn't support many features like a real forum on computers like shoutbox, and so on. I think the community can do since this is the type of forum that it standout on its own very well. I say this because we provide so much accurate material to the members, and the lurkers, and yet we still don't have an app? I'm not saying its a bad thing, but I am saying that we show ourselves as independent, and not dependent.

This was mentioned before in another thread, but to create a mobile-specific interface/skin would be a really big task that would involve hundreds of hours of work, which is a bit out of our reach at this time. ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +2