Homebrew GBARunner2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello gbatemp community! Recently i've installed TwilightMenu++ on my o2ds and had so much fun emulating all of my favorite oldies.
But i've stumbled upon a problem - i don't know how to Install the Gbarunner2 (gyroscope branch) on my console. When i tried installing, it had an error saying "Error Bios not found!" Should i delete / replace the one that comes from the Twilightmenu?
No. The GBA BIOS needs to be placed in "sd:/_gba/", and named "bios.bin".

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello gbatemp community! Recently i've installed TwilightMenu++ on my o2ds and had so much fun emulating all of my favorite oldies.
But i've stumbled upon a problem - i don't know how to Install the Gbarunner2 (gyroscope branch) on my console. When i tried installing, it had an error saying "Error Bios not found!" Should i delete / replace the one that comes from the Twilightmenu?
your gonna need a gba bios for your DS

Reactions: assassinz

rsbchris

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any update or tips on getting Pokemon Expert Emerald to work?

I am using the DSL enhanced version of the rom3M branch (ARM7 / ARM9) but in both cases the game crashes when choosing the starter pokemon.

shunkazami37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys, I'm seeing that Street Fighter Alpha 3 in the Gbarunner Compatibility List is fully playable but mine is just stuck in the Licensed by Nintendo screen. Is there any way I can fix this?

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

shunkazami37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Dont forget to put border if u want.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-134#post-8988124

Do u need gameyob config file. For GB/GBC bios
Thank you! the GBA frame looks great. I tried to put some GB and GBC bios and boot file but still cant get these startup screens.
1691850683645.png
1691850706457.png

Last edited by shunkazami37,
Reactions: fmhugo

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you! the GBA frame looks great. I tried to put some GB and GBC bios and boot file but still cant get these startup screens.
View attachment 387863View attachment 387864
This is my gameyob config file for use, but you can only choose one bios. GB or GBC bios. (There is no bios file, you need to find it)
after loading a GB/GBC game you can access the settings by touching the touch screen, select bios and save settings or Or put the bios as it is already configured "biosfile=sd:/data/GBC/gbc_bios.bin"

*To edit the configuration file just click with the right mouse button and use the "edit" option
**Using the GBC bios allows you to use the Gameboy color palettes

4qgl3lbf33g61.jpg

Attachments

• Extract SD root.zip
    155.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by fmhugo,

shunkazami37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I got the startup screen now. Thank you so much. So I can only use 1 bios file and only some games will show the startup (mine is Super Mario Land) all GB and GBC games are showing the startup screen now (I forgot to switch GBC bios on in GB mode settings)
This is my gameyob config file for use, but you can only choose one bios. GB or GBC bios. (There is no bios file, you need to find it)
after loading a GB/GBC game you can access the settings by touching the touch screen, select bios and save settings or Or put the bios as it is already configured "biosfile=sd:/data/GBC/gbc_bios.bin"

*To edit the configuration file just click with the right mouse button and use the "edit" option
**Using the GBC bios allows you to use the Gameboy color palettes

View attachment 387948

Last edited by shunkazami37,
Reactions: fmhugo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this may already have been answered but gbarunner simply does not load for me. I click on it and a white screen happens. Was there anything stupid i missed that could have done this? EDIT: i was using a dsl, i dont know if that would mess that up

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this may already have been answered but gbarunner simply does not load for me. I click on it and a white screen happens. Was there anything stupid i missed that could have done this? EDIT: i was using a dsl, i dont know if that would mess that up
Try using the arm7 build, if the arm9 one didn't work.

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone remember what you have to do to build the DSP branch? I can't for the life of me figure it out. (i'm therealteamplayer on github, my old account on here was wopnoenoe)

the problem i'm having is to do with the teak files (e.g. clang.exe...). when i try to run the makefile I get an 'Error 53' - idk if this would have been caused by me updating to windows 11? it's been a long time since i compiled my weird haphazardly thrown together build.

i say this because i had an idea to fix the stereo 'desync', or 'pseudostereo' issue (it's been given many names) - i reckon the problem is that the two audio channels (left and right) slip out of sync. in dsp\src\gbaAudio.c, the channels are processed one after another. from my very limited understanding of how the code works, in order to fix the desync issues these two channels need to be run in lockstep (i.e. any delay etc that happens to the left channel must also happen to the right etc.)

Reactions: ImaDireWolf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the arm7 build, if the arm9 one didn't work.
Well sorry im responding late but i was using the arm7 but your response made me re try the arm9 one and it loaded. But now whenever i try to load a gba rom it just cuts to a black screen, which sometimes has a small glitchy blurb in the middle. And the only rom that will kind of work is mario kart up until it goes to character selection in which it freezes. Any Recommendations here?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sorry im responding late but i was using the arm7 but your response made me re try the arm9 one and it loaded. But now whenever i try to load a gba rom it just cuts to a black screen, which sometimes has a small glitchy blurb in the middle. And the only rom that will kind of work is mario kart up until it goes to character selection in which it freezes. Any Recommendations here?
What are you using to launch GBARunner2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU