GBA SP L button works for 10 minutes after reassembling

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all. I have an AGS-101 with an after-market housing. I kept the original buttons, however. The I've opened this thing up and reassembled it probably about 5 times now, just troubleshooting different issues, like the hinges, cleaning dust off the screen, etc.

1 out of these 5 times, when I reassembled everything, the L button worked perfectly for days. But now, it seems no matter what I do, it just doesn't want to work 100% of the time. I can sometimes get it to work pressing the button at certain angles. It clicks ok and everything, the spring is in place correctly, and like the title says, it works fine for the first 10 minutes, then starts being funny, which is the weird thing. It's almost like once everything settles into place, it's kind of missing the mark.

Another thing I've noticed is that it almost seems like the housing isn't completely closing correctly, like it's caught on something on some of my attempts... Maybe 3 out of the 5 sessions, it seemed almost like the innards want to bust out of the shell, like it's difficult to screw everything in, which makes me think that maybe the button isn't quite pressing the contact because something is misaligned.

Thoughts?

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
you didn't install the housing properly, specifically hinge axles, which must be inserted at a specific angle with an axle turned to a specific point as well. Once you screw it up - you probably won't be able to figure out the right way to insert it or the axle may be broken as well by now if it's inserted improperly and then operated. The L button issue has nothing to do with the new shell, it's an internal switch issue, which can only be fixed by replacing the motherboard switch itself (requires soldering and replacement push button)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1