Hacking GBA Smart Card spotted! Only 15 Euro!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,207
  • Replies 9

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That thing isn't even worth 5 EUR if there's no linker coming with it. Even if there was, it'll probably not work on current hardware if it's parallel port. Not to mention that this cartridge most likely wasn't that popular (at least I've never heard of it...).

Without linker it's worthless.

D

Deleted User

OP
According to Google Translate they have the linker. But then again, Google Translate said that.

Yea I do want it myself but I got other things to buy atm.

From what I gather from looking it up, it's similar to the GB Smart Card except it needs a linker and you can just put one ROM on it to have the GBA read it like a retail game so it's probably more compatible with things than EZ Flash

Also, not 100% sure, but I think I see a battery so it may support RTC.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One game on a card matters very little in terms of compatibility (the exceptions with things like anti piracy or extra hardware are covered http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 ). About the only thing it would do better than a more modern style standalone cart is fake being an original GBA game for the likes of the DS-GBA slot link and possibly the GBA-gamecube link, at least until you need to read a save so probably no good/no better for pokemon related fun and games.

I do not recognise the card though, at first I thought it was another fire card but the PCB looks different.

The battery is more likely just the usual SRAM battery like other flash carts. I do not think any of the cheap and cheerful cards like that

D

Deleted User

OP
About the only thing it would do better than a more modern style standalone cart is fake being an original GBA game for the likes of the DS-GBA slot link and possibly the GBA-gamecube link, at least until you need to read a save so probably no good/no better for pokemon related fun and games.
Jirachi bonus disc is the only GC to GBA title I'm aware of that actually reads saves off a GBA cart. The rest either connect to a game that's switched on and trade data between the GC's and GBA's RAM or send data to a GBA with no cart inserted. So GC connectivity should mostly be fine if the save is the only thing that doesn't work right
Pal Park works like the Jirachi bonus disc though

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
According to Google Translate they have the linker. But then again, Google Translate said that.

Yea I do want it myself but I got other things to buy atm.

From what I gather from looking it up, it's similar to the GB Smart Card except it needs a linker and you can just put one ROM on it to have the GBA read it like a retail game so it's probably more compatible with things than EZ Flash

Also, not 100% sure, but I think I see a battery so it may support RTC.

"No se incluye el lector para cambiar los juegos."

It's just the the cart, linker not included.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Jirachi bonus disc is the only GC to GBA title I'm aware of that actually reads saves off a GBA cart. The rest either connect to a game that's switched on and trade data between the GC's and GBA's RAM or send data to a GBA with no cart inserted. So GC connectivity should mostly be fine if the save is the only thing that doesn't work right
Pal Park works like the Jirachi bonus disc though

You are mistaken, I have an ez-flash iv and it is not compatible with Pokemon Box, Colosseum, XD or the DS games as the SRAM saving it uses makes it incompatible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ez-flash iv and it is not compatible with [snip] the DS games as the SRAM saving it uses makes it incompatible.

It would be annoying if you want to further it on to the newer 3ds online offerings but http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-4-2-f27240.html should allow the DS ROMs to work with the EZ4 (and the 3 in 1, and various old NOR-SRAM based stuff...). Similarly, at least before the DS mode went, the EZ4 could fake GBA-DS link for various games. Most of the GBA-DS stuff has since been unlocked via saves, save editors and cheats too.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It would be annoying if you want to further it on to the newer 3ds online offerings but http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-4-2-f27240.html should allow the DS ROMs to work with the EZ4 (and the 3 in 1, and various old NOR-SRAM based stuff...). Similarly, at least before the DS mode went, the EZ4 could fake GBA-DS link for various games. Most of the GBA-DS stuff has since been unlocked via saves, save editors and cheats too.

Thanks for the link, I have used PokePatch in the past but I've found it easier to just use my original Emerald Cart for all GBA related Pokemon transferring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1