Gaming GBA Games in DS Cases!

D

Deleted-236924

I found out that some DS game cases don't have the GBA cart holder thingy.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, what a great idea! ^__^ I'd love to try this myself. I wonder if the manual would fit better in European DS boxes..
Damn, it's hard to find places that sell European DS boxes, that aren't stupidly priced for just 4. My work have empty ones..I might ask where they get them from.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone cares, here's a list of GBA games I'm still looking for:
Alien Hominid (European)
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Final Fantasy VI Advance
Harry Potter Collection
Mario Party Advance
Megaman & Bass
Megaman Battle Network Series (except for 3 Blue)
Ninja 5-O
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
River City Ransom EX
Sonic Advance Series
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Super Puzzle Fighter II
THPS series
Bit Generations games (Japan) (except Orbital)
Gulroz Chang Poo/Guru Logic Champ (Japan)
Mother 3 (Japan)
Mother 1+2 (Japan)
Rhythm Tengoku (Japan)
Hey, I care! :D I actually may have Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Advance 3, and Sonic Advance 2, but if I do, they're lost somewhere in my house. If I ever find them, I'll contact you. ;)

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xwatchmanx just liked my first post here, which reminded me to tell you all that you CANNOT get DS cases with the GBA cart slot in them anymore from Nintendo's website. I had heard reports that the US store didn't send them out anymore and I can confirm that the Canadian store is no different. They will send you cases, but they're the 'reduced plastic' ones that have the recycling symbol cut out on one side, and, again, don't have the GBA cart slot.

Luckily I have an extensive DS collection so I'm able to swap the cases out for my GBA games, but some of you might not be so fortunate.

Also, I've edited the missing game list in the first post.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
xwatchmanx just liked my first post here, which reminded me to tell you all that you CANNOT get DS cases with the GBA cart slot in them anymore from Nintendo's website. I had heard reports that the US store didn't send them out anymore and I can confirm that the Canadian store is no different. They will send you cases, but they're the 'reduced plastic' ones that have the recycling symbol cut out on one side, and, again, don't have the GBA cart slot.

Luckily I have an extensive DS collection so I'm able to swap the cases out for my GBA games, but some of you might not be so fortunate.

Also, I've edited the missing game list in the first post.
I've noticed that myself. the US Nintendo online store doesn't have the cases with GBA slots anymore. I can't seem to find them anywhere else online either, except for a 3rd party set on Amazon, which reviewers say won't even close if you put GBA games in them. :(

Anyway, I've actually liked this post before. I just unliked and re-liked because after the forum change, it didn't show that i liked it, for some reason. :P

Anyway, I'll check out the updated "looking for" list. Are you against buying online? Because just about any GBA game is easily found on Amazon, and for pretty cheap compared to most other places (except for the Mother games, of course)...

Reactions: thaddius

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, I've actually liked this post before. I just unliked and re-liked because after the forum change, it didn't show that i liked it, for some reason.
I was confused because you were one of the first people to reply at the beginning. :P

Are you against buying online? Because just about any GBA game is easily found on Amazon, and for pretty cheap compared to most other places (except for the Mother games, of course)...
eBay.ca is where I got a lot of my GBA games, but it's usually hit or miss. Not every American seller will ship here so that can sometimes limit my buying power. Amazon.ca sucks though. Sellers there usually have a flat $5-$8 shipping rate, which is sometimes more than I want to spend on the game at all, let alone in shipping.

The Mother games are a pipe dream. I'm not expecting to get any of them any time soon for a reasonable price.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Photo update!
2012-12-20094626_zpse39cea43.jpg

2012-12-20094633_zpsd5d1dd7b.jpg

2012-12-20094639_zps4836853d.jpg

2012-12-20094648_zpsab834ca1.jpg
The Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 cases are empty... for now.

Also, here's a panned out shot with my DS, Gamecube, Xbox, and PS3 games, just for fun:
2012-12-20095611_zpsac88756d.jpg

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Once I get a bigger apartment (that is, a 1-bedroom full apartment with hopefully an office, not a 1-room efficiency like I'm in now), I'm definitely going to invest in a few shelves like that and seriously expand my collection. The fact that I'm lucky enough to live 3 minutes away from Packard's Games (which sells TONS of retro gaming stuff) makes it even more opportune. :)

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This topic kinda makes me want to do the same :lol:.
I'm already making my own 'essential gb/gbc/gba/nds-games'-list.
I think I know how to spend my money from the hollidays now!

Edit: Just did a little bit of searching for cases that have the gba clips and found these 2 sellers from where you can get them.

http://www.supermediastore.com/prod...ent=CD/DVD+Cases&utm_campaign=googleBase+-+AC

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Blac...=1356176225&sr=1-3&keywords=replacement+cases

The first one is the cheapest since you can buy them a 100 at a time for 25.98 $ and its 0.26 $/unit.
I think it's only a temporary sale though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: