Hacking GBA emulator for iplayer progress

rylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any updates? can't you at least post a 10 sec. video? I won't believe this until you show us more proof I prefer videos than still images
dry.gif

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't think all this disbelief is going to motivate someone to continue the project(if it was underway in the first place). Think about it, what some of you guys are saying is the equivalent of saying that you don't think he has the ability to do what he's saying. That's not motivational.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
if you are missing the gba why don't you just pick up an sp off ebay for $20, cheaper than the cost of the iplayer. the older gba flash linkers are very inexpensive. searching a few forums i can find the flash2advance kits for sale for under 10 bucks. isn't that really all you need? the sp/micro are so small its not like you have to carry much with you when you travel to take that and your nds/dsi.

-another world

I have to agree with you there. I have a GBA micro an EZ-Flash IV and a 2gb card in it. I have just about all the English speaking ROMS that are any good on it ( about 270 ) and its in a small pouch on the outside of my DSi case. The GBA Micro is one of the coolest bits of game hardware I have ever purchased, good buttons and fantastic screen, the whole lot was dirt cheap. There is also very little compatibility issues with the EZ IV.

That said having a GBA emulator on the iplayer would be an alternative for some people. I think its fantastic you have got this working and I hope you complete it to your satisfaction.
gbasp.gif

Video when you are ready, would be interesting to see

ashley.ince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes about time someone did this rather then say its impossable and not even try, i hope you complete it and maybe even port it to other cards

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ashley.ince said:
yes about time someone did this rather then say its impossable and not even try, i hope you complete it and maybe even port it to other cards
Um...can't exactly port this to there cards, seeing as how this uses the specialized hardware on the card to do this.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
I don't think all this disbelief is going to motivate someone to continue the project(if it was underway in the first place). Think about it, what some of you guys are saying is the equivalent of saying that you don't think he has the ability to do what he's saying. That's not motivational.
we dont even know if this is real

people want video proof
it could just some n00b looking for attention
like those people that pulled that new super mario bros. 2 crap on here

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:

If he has the ability to take pictures that far in-game, then he has the ability to take a decent video of the bootup process.

I once followed a fake project for over 2 years when ultimately the guy had nothing more than a simple tech demo. Not doing that crap again.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
azure0wind said:
Video Please....
and can you make it works on other flashcarts?
Rofl no he cant, the iplayer has its own ram and processor, that why its the only card that may run gba right now.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
If he has the ability to take pictures that far in-game, then he has the ability to take a decent video of the bootup process.

I once followed a fake project for over 2 years when ultimately the guy had nothing more than a simple tech demo. Not doing that crap again.

Considering it does not have any update or progress for a long time and the fact that I did send a message to the developer (darkchen) but haven't got any response..
Like dan said if he has ability to take pictures, he should also have the ability to take decent video..
These suggests that this maybe an abandoned project..

someperson2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this was real or if its fake it should be fake for a lot of diffrent resones

1. look at the text it says video-1 (wtf i thought this was a game not a VIDEO)
2. it sat audio (ok another wtf this is a game not a video)
3. NO VIDEO PROOF ( chould of been photshoped)
4. some iplayer video player ..playing a video of a gba game)
5. well its pretty self expansionary

i am not saying it is fake but from the looks of things here this chould possable be fake

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
someperson2 said:
i dont know if this was real or if its fake it should be fake for a lot of diffrent resones

1. look at the text it says video-1 (wtf i thought this was a game not a VIDEO)
2. it sat audio (ok another wtf this is a game not a video)
3. NO VIDEO PROOF ( chould of been photshoped)
4. some iplayer video player ..playing a video of a gba game)
5. well its pretty self expansionary

i am not saying it is fake but from the looks of things here this chould possable be fake

gee, its not like games have video and audio...oh wait, THEY DO. See the visuals displayed when you play a game - thats called video. and the sounds you hear - thats audio.

And yes it could be an image displayed, or a simple homebrew which only displays two images, but I'm pretty sure its not a video, as I dont know of any video player which can play videos on two screens. usually the bottom screen has controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: just like us fr +1