Hacking Gateway v2.0 Part 2: NAND Emulation

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the GATEWAY 3DS still ONLY let you copy 1 game per SD CARD?!?!

If so then I can not fathom why people are whining about compatible firmwares when...
THE FUCKING THING ONLY PLAYS 1 GAME AT A TIME! WHO THE HELL WOULD EVEN BUY THIS?!?!

You'd think they would be working on that above and beyond ANYTHING ELSE!

And to think it's 2.0 already and you still can only put 1 game on an SD card? Absolutely absurd.

If they fixed that I would own a Gateway AND a 3DS. But I own neither currently...
I don't buy systems that aren't fully hacked. And whatever happened to the WIIKEYU?
I'd have a WII-U if that shit was out! 8)

Hmm... one game or no games... I'm going to choose the one game.

hahah amazing... People just... DEAL with it. hahah...

Okay I'm the big ass who whines... And if you bought a car where you had to fill the tires up every
time you drove it, I assume you wouldn't "complain" about that either, huh?

One of the main points of buying a cart for a DS is that you can put shitloads of crap on it...
Like my CycloDSI DS which is 16 gigs full of all sorts of stuff.

Everything except for 3DS games.

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay I'm the big ass who whines... And if you bought a car where you had to fill the tires up every

One of the main points of buying a cart for a DS is that you can put shitloads of crap on it...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Well, just don't buy the card, or if this makes you feel better, email them saying that you won't buy their card 'cuz they're noobs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go ahead and tell them how you feel, I'm sure they'll listen

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just don't buy the card, or if this makes you feel better, email them saying that you won't buy their card 'cuz they're noobs.

When it comes out of the beta stage I might consider it. You'd think someone could write something that multi-partitions the sd cards
and gets around whatever technical issue limits it to 1 game per card...

I remember when GATEWAY was first announced and we heard tons of people laughing at the fact they are actually
releasing it but it only lets you put 1 game onto a card... But then it gets released and associated with sites (isn't it a sponsor here?)
and all of a sudden... Everyone loves it and if you mention it's weakness you're complaining or self entitled.
AS IF PIRACY ISN'T SELF ENTITLED IN THE FIRST PLACE heheh... (The whole point of the card)

ON A DIFFERENT ISSUE - What the hell is up with WIIKEYU?!?! Anyone heard anything?

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I guess I just need to remove everything from my SD card and then put it back on when it is done formatting, huh? Also, does anyone know if Animal Crossing is working?

tray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW, what the hell is wrong with you guys? 1 rom per sd is actually more an advantage for me: i can focus more on a game without playing 20 mins and then switching roms. As for 4.5+ support : just sell your hardware and get a new 3ds XL, I grabbed one from tesco and it was 4.4.0

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When it comes out of the beta stage I might consider it. You'd think someone could write something that multi-partitions the sd cards
and gets around whatever technical issue limits it to 1 game per card...

I remember when GATEWAY was first announced and we heard tons of people laughing at the fact they are actually
releasing it but it only lets you put 1 game onto a card... But then it gets released and associated with sites (isn't it a sponsor here?)
and all of a sudden... Everyone loves it and if you mention it's weakness you're complaining or self entitled.
AS IF PIRACY ISN'T SELF ENTITLED IN THE FIRST PLACE heheh... (The whole point of the card)

ON A DIFFERENT ISSUE - What the hell is up with WIIKEYU?!?! Anyone heard anything?

Everyone was sceptical due to the fact that it couldn't save games, at that time of course I wouldn't buy it, then the first update (1.1) allowed firmware and region spoof, nobody thought they could do that because "they barely fixed the save issue". Well, I don't think I need to explain the rest because you must have gotten the point. It's OK if you won't buy it or if it's not comfortable enough for you, it's just that complaining about one issue over and over annoys other users, also the lack of multiROM is exactly that, just a comfort issue.

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's a deal breaking issue - Since the dawn of time, every DS cart has always been able to have as much stuff as the card can hold.
In fact... There is no other card in history that I can think of with this particular "limitation" - What about the point that there are 2 main
reasons people buy carts - 1 - To get free games and homebrew 2 - To have a huge library all on 1 device

I'm not "complaining" - If pointing out facts is complaining then you simply don't understand what the word complaining means.

Now if I bought the thing and then came and cried about it's limitations then that is complaining...

I'm not complaining... I'm... In shock. hehehhe I'm reacting with amazement. The amazement of what people simply deal with.
To me, playing multiple games is far more important than being able to play the latest crap few games on current firmware.
And guess what? I'm positive I'm not the only person who thinks this way. To some, the fact that a cart lets you put a huge
library onto the device is more important than anything else. I'm simply one of those people and from that perspective, it's
pretty amazing that people are whining about not playing some pet game but they still can only put 1 game per card...

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's a deal breaking issue - Since the dawn of time, every DS cart has always been able to have as much stuff as the card can hold.
In fact... There is no other card in history that I can think of with this particular "limitation" - What about the point that there are 2 main
reasons people buy carts - 1 - To get free games and homebrew 2 - To have a huge library all on 1 device

I'm not "complaining" - If pointing out facts is complaining then you simply don't understand what the word complaining means.

Now if I bought the thing and then came and cried about it's limitations then that is complaining...

I'm not complaining... I'm... In shock. hehehhe I'm reacting with amazement. The amazement of what people simply deal with.
To me, playing multiple games is far more important than being able to play the latest crap few games on current firmware.
And guess what? I'm positive I'm not the only person who thinks this way. To some, the fact that a cart lets you put a huge
library onto the device is more important than anything else. I'm simply one of those people and from that perspective, it's
pretty amazing that people are whining about not playing some pet game but they still can only put 1 game per card...

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone was sceptical due to the fact that it couldn't save games, at that time of course I wouldn't buy it, then the first update (1.1) allowed firmware and region spoof, nobody thought they could do that because "they barely fixed the save issue". Well, I don't think I need to explain the rest because you must have gotten the point. It's OK if you won't buy it or if it's not comfortable enough for you, it's just that complaining about one issue over and over annoys other users, also the lack of multiROM is exactly that, just a comfort issue.

Or better yet, there could be no 3ds cart at this point. Everyone would be complaining about no kernel exploits. Some people just can't be satisfied. There is a reason why there is only one working 3ds cart right now. Because finding an newer exploit, or enabling multi-rom is goddamn difficult. The Gate-way 3ds is still a WIP, so it's not to say these features won't exist in future updates.

So take the 3ds as it is, or gtfo. It really is that simple.

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tray - It's an advantage to you because you don't play games 20 minutes then switch?!?! So you're SO A.D.D. you can not control yourself?
And placing limitations on stuff is therefore an advantage? Like saying "Well thank God there are only 2 cookies in the jar because if
it was full I'd sit and eat them all." - Amazing.

So what you're saying is if/when the GATEWAY team fixes the multi game issue, you won't want it?

Because only running 1 game is an "advantage" ? Right?

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

also kyogre123 if i can add this to your coment wich was very well put, MENTALDOMINANCE people call you whinners because you bitch about a product that you dont even own first of all ok if you owned the thing and find a defect or bug..your intitled to bitch a little,and second its the only card out there wich means maybe its harder to "hack" the system and add all the features that everyone keep asking for than anyone thinks here so in my opinion if you cant make a cart that does all that shit and this aint good enough for ya then just dont buy it and dont go on forums to bitch about it

CAUSE NO ONE CARES

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Well, complaining, expressing your feelings, whatever you call it, it's annoying for other users if you keep with the same point over and over. You pretty much didn't get any point of my previous posts and I don't want to get tedious with this, just take in account that this is something you are not forced to buy in any way and just be cool with it, maybe in a future it will support multiROM, but in the meantime, don't come here just to complain.

Reactions: Strexils

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you
also kyogre123 if i can add this to your coment wich was very well put, MENTALDOMINANCE people call you whinners because you bitch about a product that you dont even own first of all ok if you owned the thing and find a defect or bug..your intitled to bitch a little,and second its the only card out there wich means maybe its harder to "hack" the system and add all the features that everyone keep asking for than anyone thinks here so in my opinion if you cant make a cart that does all that shit and this aint good enough for ya then just dont buy it and dont go on forums to bitch about it

CAUSE NO ONE CARES

Just because you MAKE IT BIG doesn't make it TRUE!

I already said there are people who DO CARE and therefore have not bought the thing.

Let me be clear - I am FOR the Gateway team. If what I'm "complaining" about gets fixed, guess what?
THEY WILL SELL A HELL OF A LOT MORE! Don't say noone cares. Watch how much more business they get once it's fixed.

ALL THE PEOPLE WAITING IT OUT ARE THE ONES WHO DO REALLY CARE!

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

using your retard analogy
if the only option at the moment is paying 40 dolars every time i want to work to the only taxi cab in town, i think is a very good deal to pay 80 dolars to this shady inventor guy new in town for my own car, one time only fee, and now i got free rides to work everyday, the only 'problem' i got is to fill my tires up with FREE AIR for a few minutes if i want to change route and go to the beach for the weekend or go to the mountains, but i keep getting free rides everywhere i want to go.

get it???

Reactions: Strexils

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using your retard analogy
if the only option at the moment is paying 40 dolars every time i want to work to the only taxi cab in town, i think is a very good deal to pay 80 dolars to this shady inventor guy new in town for my own car, one time only fee, and now i got free rides to work everyday, the only 'problem' i got is to fill my tires up with FREE AIR for a few minutes if i want to change route and go to the beach for the weekend or go to the mountains, but i keep getting free rides everywhere i want to go.

get it???

Yes. Just because it's the "only option" does not mean it isn't lame. GET IT?

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because you

Just because you MAKE IT BIG doesn't make it TRUE!

I already said there are people who DO CARE and therefore have not bought the thing.

Let me be clear - I am FOR the Gateway team. If what I'm "complaining" about gets fixed, guess what?
THEY WILL SELL A HELL OF A LOT MORE! Don't say noone cares. Watch how much more business they get once it's fixed.

ALL THE PEOPLE WAITING IT OUT ARE THE ONES WHO DO REALLY CARE!

ok then you didnt get what i meant then ....what i am saying is your whinning at the wrong place ,no one here is capable of doing anything so no one really cares ,if you want to be heard by gateway team email them, no?

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then you didnt get what i meant then ....what i am saying is your whinning at the wrong place ,no one here is capable of doing anything so no one really cares ,if you want to be heard by gateway team email them, no?
I am not whining. In fact, I am not "repeating the same old shit" - In fact...
I have not posted here since 2009 so how am I trolling or repeating things?

I came in and asked 1 question - "Does the thing still only do 1 game per card?"

AND THAT WAS ALL IT TOOK to get mobbed by 12 year olds who don't want to even consider that their toy isn't the best.

And furthemore... Emailing devs does nothing but annoy them.

I root for them to solve the issue, then I will buy the product.

You are missing that I actually am for the team and want them to fix the issue that I
am POSITIVE has been on their minds SINCE THE BEGINNING.

I am, again, surprised no 3rd party homebrew has been made to fix it, maybe partition the
cards and put games on each partition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom