• Views 66,238
  • Replies 470
  • Likes 20

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can I update to 3.6 via MSET exploit with a high chance of success? I have an old 3ds with version 4.5 and gateway is on 2.7 Omega lol. I dont like the browser method.
Just copy the Launcher.Dat of the new release on the SD Card inside your 3DS, you don't need to do anything else.

Reactions: warlord8
D

Deleted User

OP
how do i switch between Gateway mode and classic mode?
In the gateway rom selection menu hit up on the d-pad and change mode from Gateway to Classic Mode. I got it to switch automatically by putting a normal 3DS card in it though, so thats pretty cool.

Last edited by , , Reason: Correction. (Not a normal DS card, but a normal 3DS card)
D

Deleted User

OP
What does it mean when Cheatlist Editor returns "DEADB00B DEADB00B"?
IMG_2129.JPG

Last edited by ,

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[cheat1 9999999]
D3000000 14000000
009997D0 0098967F

Thanks but I want to know how you derived the cheat so that I don't have to ask every time.

From what you wrote i "think" you are saying offset (D3000000) the following memory (14000000) and do something (009997D0) and change it to 9999999 (0098967F)

Edit: I know your code is correct because I am looking at the Fort42 gateshark code list and i am seeing the same thing.
Just trying to learn

Last edited by moneychild,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Never had this happen. In fact, the option was enabled in the Gateway menu specifically to allow people to update if they wanted to (in classic mode)

I've never tried to update via retail cartridge in classic mode. I was speaking of instances of updating via CIAs or from 3DS roms. Updating from 3DS roms on gateway card in gateway mode will cause a brick regardless of if it's running on sysnand mode or not.

As for classic mode, only retail cartridges work. I don't know if sysnand will update properly in that instance as I am not sure if Gateway uses firmlaunchhax to boot a newer native firm for classic mode like it does for gateway mode. I wouldn't recommend trying since you can just boot vanilla and use a retail cartridge in a normal environment anyways. Besides if you use a out of region retail cart in classic mode, it won't have the correct update partition for your region console anyway, so the update would either fail or cause a brick. (assuming classic mode enables out of region cartridges. I don't recall. I haven't owned a Gateway card for awhile now)

If you can't boot legit GBA VC games or TWL titles like DSiWare or DS games from classic mode, then that means it's using firmlaunchax to boot a newer native_firm. If they do work, classic mode is probably closer to rxTools devmode, but without any patches being done to the sig checks.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Deleted User

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6 PUBLIC BETA
Posted on December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas Y’all! Team GATEWAY is back with a nice update for our loyal userbase to enjoy!

Today we present GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6! Read on for more info on the new functionality..
But lets start with the full featurelist:

* Added in-game menu!
– Configure cheats (supports CIA and 3DS formats)
– Search for cheats
– RAM dumper
– Hex editor

* Improved game selection menu!
– Switch game language instantly
– Switch between classic mode and Gateway mode instantly
– Handy SYSNAND/EMUNAND indicator
– Smooth and fluid movements

* Improved cheats!
– More memory (x4!)
– Repeat code Cxxxxxxx fixed

In our last release we gave you a taste of our new cheat engine, today we take it a step further by
putting cheat hacking capabilities in YOUR hands! We’ve added a way of overriding the language auto
detection for games which has been requested a lot! We also got a request to increase the available cheat space,
so we quadrupled it! This should give plenty of space!

You can press the UP key in the game selection menu to get a list of options which allow you to
set the mode and language as well as the activator key you want to use for our brand new in-game menu!

The in-game cheatmenu offers all kinds of exciting functionalities for cheaters and aspiring
hackers. There’s a classic “cheat search” which allows you to scan for 8, 16, 32 bit
values (both signed and unsigned) and lets you select various conditions (greater than, less than,
equal, exact value, etc.) to narrow the number of possible memory locations. Like magic, within
minutes you will be able to find the memory address that holds the player’s lifes and directly
edit the memory from the in-game cheat menu! If that’s not enough, advanced cheat hackers can directly
enter the hex editor and hack away at writable memory regions at will.

Furthermore you can create RAM dumps to the microSD card in the Gateway Red card if you plan to do analysis of these on
your computer rather than use our cheat finder. The format for the dumps files is as follows:
* 32 bit header with number of memory mappings (mapcount)
* mapping info objects [int vaddr, int paddr, int size] (12byte per entry)
* data for each mapping, stored consecutively

Note that most of the ingame functionality requires the Gateway Red card and a microSD with some writable space available
for temporary memory storage.
As always, enjoy! There’s still much more to come! Support the true innovators!

Source: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/gateway-ultra-v3-6-public-beta/
I'm absolutely loving this bit Switch game language instantly gateway always giving us more features :grog:

Reactions: Deleted User

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but I want to know how you derived the cheat so that I don't have to ask every time.

From what you wrote i "think" you are saying offset (D3000000) the following memory (14000000) and do something (009997D0) and change it to 9999999 (0098967F)

Edit: I know your code is correct because I am looking at the Fort42 gateshark code list and i am seeing the same thing.
Just trying to learn
gw can't poke address higher than 0FFFFFFF, so you need to set the start address with D3000000 if it is higher than 0FFFFFFFF
D3000000 14000000
009997D0 0098967F //14000000 + 009997D0 = 149997D0
or you could do it like this
D3000000 149997D0
00000000 0098967F

Reactions: Nightwish

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia

You don't really need the 'D3000000 14000000' line in there.
What that does is to tell the the cheat code to add 14000000 to the next memory location.

If you find your cheats using the Gateway menu, then the locations are already in the correct format.

Just thinking, the reason for the offset may be to keep it compatible with the N3DS. I'll have to test it out between the two I have.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
What that does is to tell the the cheat code to add 14000000 to the next memory location.

If you find your cheats using the Gateway menu, then the locations are already in the correct format.

Just thinking, the reason for the offset may be to keep it compatible with the N3DS. I'll have to test it out between the two I have.
it will probably freeze your 3ds if you don't, and you also need to use D3 on all codes regardless in which address if you have B codetype at the top of the cheat file
remember 1xxxxxxxx is 16bit it is not the beginning of an address

Last edited by dsrules,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both my SysNAND and EmuNAND are on 9.0 I think. Is it safe to update my EmuNAND and is there a benefit in doing so? I am afraid to update because I am not sure if they are linked... Thoughts/help appreciated :)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both my SysNAND and EmuNAND are on 9.0 I think. Is it safe to update my EmuNAND and is there a benefit in doing so? I am afraid to update because I am not sure if they are linked... Thoughts/help appreciated :)
Are you using an Old 3DS or New 3DS? The easy way to tell if they are linked if you have to unwrap all of your CIA;s every boot.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
I've never tried to update via retail cartridge in classic mode. I was speaking of instances of updating via CIAs or from 3DS roms. Updating from 3DS roms on gateway card in gateway mode will cause a brick regardless of if it's running on sysnand mode or not.

As for classic mode, only retail cartridges work. I don't know if sysnand will update properly in that instance as I am not sure if Gateway uses firmlaunchhax to boot a newer native firm for classic mode like it does for gateway mode. I wouldn't recommend trying since you can just boot vanilla and use a retail cartridge in a normal environment anyways. Besides if you use a out of region retail cart in classic mode, it won't have the correct update partition for your region console anyway, so the update would either fail or cause a brick. (assuming classic mode enables out of region cartridges. I don't recall. I haven't owned a Gateway card for awhile now)

If you can't boot legit GBA VC games or TWL titles like DSiWare or DS games from classic mode, then that means it's using firmlaunchax to boot a newer native_firm. If they do work, classic mode is probably closer to rxTools devmode, but without any patches being done to the sig checks.

Yea...not sure where/who said this. Are you referring to sysnand only or emunand as well? I have updated emunand using a retail cartridge.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gw can't poke address higher than 0FFFFFFF, so you need to set the start address with D3000000 if it is higher than 0FFFFFFFF
D3000000 14000000
009997D0 0098967F //14000000 + 009997D0 = 149997D0
or you could do it like this
D3000000 149997D0
00000000 0098967F

Thanks for the info
Just for a little clarification, start with the offset if the hex address searched of is more that 0FFFFFF?

What you are saying, I can just write the address (149997D0) + the value i want (‭‭0098967F‬) in the text file only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @pball79, hi new one