console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I had Mario Golf game and do manual update to 7.1.0-12U then change game to Fantasy Life to do manual update my Red 3DS XL to 8.1.0-12U. I take SD card out. Then I went in system setting to set up Wifi without protection then do system update to latest version is 9.2.0-20U and I put SD card back in and saw no problems with it. After finish update I went in system setting to remove my router setting there then turn Wifi off. I would buy Gateway around in year 2015 - 2016, when price go down or on sale. B-)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But are you able to choose to do the update via the card or does it update automatically without asking. I mean I would hate to buy a GW and have a game update my system rendering GW useless.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you choose if you wan't to update. Also the 3ds refuses to update without the AC adapter so it will ask you to plug that in before updating anyway.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And how is this done? I mean so I don't accidentally update past 9.x.
turn wifi off, insert card with new update on and go to run, it will say "you need to update to run this software, do you want to update now?".....just update via that prompt and it will always update to whatever update is on the cart

you choose if you wan't to update. Also the 3ds refuses to update without the AC adapter so it will ask you to plug that in before updating anyway.
it will actually update without the charger plugged in, it just tells you that its best if you plug it in.....its not forced

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh i thought it wouldn't continue without it. Anyway the question to plug in the adapter is a great red flag if you aren't trying to update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh i thought it wouldn't continue without it. Anyway the question to plug in the adapter is a great red flag if you aren't trying to update.
well actually it depends on how much battery you have, if your on one bar it wont even update even if its plugged in until it reaches a certain level

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
If you try to update without AC when yu only have "one bar"... you deserve to brick the 3DS during EEPROM writing :P

Anyway, as said above, just disable Wifi, plug the retail card and update when asked.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It won't be long before nintendo releases another update :) especially now that they know about the cubic ninja/ssspwn.

Reactions: Des_Kaje

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It won't be long before nintendo releases another update :) especially now that they know about the cubic ninja/ssspwn.
they will hold out on the update till ssspwn is actually released, its all well and good blocking the entry point, but ssspwn is what they really need to block or someone could just find an alternate entry point to run ssspwn

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway updates seem to be random, they can pop up at anytime. According to another user they will be posting videos demonstrating the usage of 9.X features next time. I hope soon is very soon.

Reactions: Danjal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3