OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
It's been a long time since I've been here. After my NDS died I lost most of my interest in NDS homebrew scene but now it changed because I've bought myself a 3DS XL with Gateway. Anyway I've got a problem.

Loading the Blue Gateway card into my 3DS is always giving me an error message and asking me to turn off the console. MicroSD card in the Blue card is formated as FAT32 and I have inserted there all the files from the Blue Card R4i folder. I checked if maybe I've got a fake card but it looks like I have original (middle pin is longer not shorter). My 3DS have a 4.5.0-10E firmaware so it should work. Any ideas what is it that I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance! :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
could be a couple of reasons,
A) a faulty blue card(surprisingly common)
B) a partially updated console(less common, but worse to have than a faulty blue card)
double check and make sure you dont have the miiverse icon on your homescreen
xVOtduj.jpg

if you have that logo on the homescreen, you will not be able to use the gateway 3ds

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
could be a couple of reasons,
A) a faulty blue card(surprisingly common)
B) a partially updated console(less common, but worse to have than a faulty blue card)
double check and make sure you dont have the miiverse icon on your homescreen

if you have that logo on the homescreen, you will not be able to use the gateway 3ds

He said he is definitely on 4.5.

If you have any other DS flashcard you can use that instead to load the exploit. The Blue Gateway isn't essential for the 1st part.

So if it is faulty you can just grab or borrow another DS card and slap on the launcher file on that

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
He said he is definitely on 4.5.

If you have any other DS flashcard you can use that instead to load the exploit. The Blue Gateway isn't essential for the 1st part.

So if it is faulty you can just grab or borrow another DS card and slap on the launcher file on that
yeah...there is such a thing as a partially updated console.....i.e updated, but still shows 4.x in the menu, several people have had this in the past

Guile589

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like the problem is different. My Blue Card worked on my friends 3DS (normal with 4.3.0 firmaware) and his card still didn't worked on my 3DS XL. I don't understand what is going on. Any solutions?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try folding a small piece of paper in half and putting it between the slot and the label of the blue card when inserting it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
try formatting the 3DS.....also im pretty sure someone had issues like this, and resolved it by padding the card a bit, i assume some 3ds's just dont make very good contact with the card contacts

Guile589

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Still nothing. I used a piece of paper and quite a thick one and still there is an error message:

"An error has occured.
Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Operations Manual for details"

I also tried formating and still nothing.

Guile589

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland

Here. This shows my problem. I am also wondering if the newest (beta) firmware for Gateway isn't a problem but all the links for the stable version on Gateway site are down. :/

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also wondering if the newest (beta) firmware for Gateway isn't a problem but all the links for the stable version on Gateway site are down. :/

Nah, just starting up the blue card shouldn't be affected by Gateway's firmware.

Also, nothing that goes on the blue card has changed in a long long time, so looking for older versions wouldn't help anyway.

It looks like the problem is different. My Blue Card worked on my friends 3DS (normal with 4.3.0 firmaware) and his card still didn't worked on my 3DS XL. I don't understand what is going on. Any solutions?

Something wrong with your 3DSXL's cart slot? Can you play legit games? Try both a 3DS game and a DS game if you can and see if they work.

Guile589

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
3DS games load fine but I can't really check the NDS games 'couse I don't have any at the moment. :/

EDIT:
I found one NDS game and it also loads fine so there is only problem with a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.