Hacking Gateway Emunand 11.6 doesn't stream with NTRboot selector 3.6 got error.

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone, I try to get streaming with kitkat to run, but have some problems. I have sysnand 4.5.0-8E with gateway profile to boot up a gateway emunand with firmware GW3D 11.6.0-39E. I install in the emunand the FBI Ver. 2.4.14 with cia file. With FBI installed in the emunand the Boot NTR selector V2.11 and started version 3.6. On my Windows 7 64bit version I boot up the kitkat 2.0.3.4 version and place the ip that FBI remote was saying. I disabled my firewall but it always say Failed to connect with kitkat. What is here The problem ????

I found out that the debugger from NTRboot selector can't start, I think? when I look it up I get the message SOC_Initialize Failed: d8e06406. Is that possible why it didn't get connection for streaming ? ALso later the message error svc_controlMemory failed: e0a0lbf5. when I look again later.

how could I resolve this ?? Hope for a reply.

Error 1.jpg Error 2.jpg

Here some pictures of it. I hope somebody can help me here ?? I try to have the streaming with my firmware GW3D 11.6.0-39E with a gatewaycard. What is missing? why I get the message ?? Can please someboy help me with this ?

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All the tinkering with the firmware to even get gateway to boot 11.6 could be one of the reasons.
what do you mean gateway boot 11.6 ? the firmware works good. only doesn't work is the ntrboot selector, what I found out. What will be the problem with it ?

i see the menu when I press x+y. when I press the debugger of 3.6 i see the picture errors.

Last edited by croc87,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what do you mean gateway boot 11.6 ? the firmware works good. only doesn't work is the ntrboot selector, what I found out. What will be the problem with it ?

i see the menu when I press x+y. when I press the debugger of 3.6 i see the picture errors.
11.6 doesn't normally work on GW, you need some frankenfirm to get it working. NTR might not be compatible with that.
You can try HzMod, but it has lower FPS.

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
11.6 doesn't normally work on GW, you need some frankenfirm to get it working. NTR might not be compatible with that.
You can try HzMod, but it has lower FPS.
it is just the basic firmware from out the sysnand with a gateway boot inside that was to have the gateway emunand from 4.5.0.8E. In the emunand I install with cia files updates and let nintendo update the emunand and works normal. So it is not really a frankenfirm. Or explain what is the franken part of it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it is just the basic firmware from out the sysnand with a gateway boot inside that was to have the gateway emunand from 4.5.0.8E. In the emunand I install with cia files updates and let nintendo update the emunand and works normal. So it is not really a frankenfirm. Or explain what is the franken part of it?
A few 11.6 titles aren't compatible with GW, the cia files you are talking about excludes those updates.
IIRC it spoofs the version on the incompatible titles so even if you tried to update it through Nintendo it still wouldn't update the outdated titles. That might also be why NTR doesn't work, since it's checking the title versions and sees 11.6 but in reality some of the titles are from 11.2 and when it tries to access them as if they were 11.6 it fails.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few 11.6 titles aren't compatible with GW, the cia files you are talking about excludes those updates.
IIRC it spoofs the version on the incompatible titles so even if you tried to update it through Nintendo it still wouldn't update the outdated titles. That might also be why NTR doesn't work, since it's checking the title versions and sees 11.6 but in reality some of the titles are from 11.2 and when it tries to access them as if they were 11.6 it fails.
I try to install now the HZmod. But what do you mean with the compatible titles? do you mean games ? because I don't even start a game. because I tought it should give my main menu already as a stream?

Sony98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So will a older NTRboot select work than ? I have the HZmod working. but that has a really low FPS :o Ow I didn't told it is is a old 3ds XL version.
NTR's video streaming doesn't work on o3DS period, it needs the extra CPU power and RAM of the n3DS. You should have lead with that. Although I guess it's also kind of my fault for being too tired to notice that you said you had 4.5.
That's probably why you were getting those errors.

HzMod works on o3DS but as you noticed it's extremely laggy due to the o3DS not having much free RAM or CPU power.
i got gateway emunand with multi rom menu working on my old 3ds with b9s/Ntrboot.
There is a solution, user made inofficial Gateway Emunand Patch which is known on Maxconsole too.
https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...ND-11-6-0-39E-Original-GATEWAY-Card/?pageNo=1
If you need a translation, no problem. Just write it.
Thats German.

Here is a link how to get Gateway emunand working on b9s:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/
That's just the frankenfirm method already known about here. It's not a true 11.6 though since it's a partial update.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i got gateway emunand with multi rom menu working on my old 3ds with b9s/Ntrboot.
There is a solution, user made inofficial Gateway Emunand Patch which is known on Maxconsole too.
https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...ND-11-6-0-39E-Original-GATEWAY-Card/?pageNo=1
If you need a translation, no problem. Just write it.
Thats German.

Here is a link how to get Gateway emunand working on b9s:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

but do you have the ntrboot selector 3.6 working with streaming on the 11-6-0-39E version ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NTR's video streaming doesn't work on o3DS period, it needs the extra CPU power and RAM of the n3DS. You should have lead with that. Although I guess it's also kind of my fault for being too tired to notice that you said you had 4.5.
That's probably why you were getting those errors.

HzMod works on o3DS but as you noticed it's extremely laggy due to the o3DS not having much free RAM or CPU power.

That's just the frankenfirm method already known about here. It's not a true 11.6 though since it's a partial update.
So it is not possible for the ntrboot selector on the o3ds ? but how did the nintendo still upgrade ? also that games work on it ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
but do you have the ntrboot selector 3.6 working with streaming on the 11-6-0-39E version ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So it is not possible for the ntrboot selector on the o3ds ? but how did the nintendo still upgrade ? also that games work on it ?
BootNTR Selector works fine.
Actually I thought the later versions of NTR were for n3DS only like the original video streaming version was but it seems like it should work on o3DS minus the video streaming. So I don't know why the debugger isn't working for you but it's probably related to the frankenfirm. You could try the original BootNTR from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases (need to extract 3.6 ntr.zip onto the SD as well as installing the BootNTR 3.2 .cia, Mode3 is used for extended memory mode games only)

croc87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BootNTR Selector works fine.
Actually I thought the later versions of NTR were for n3DS only like the original video streaming version was but it seems like it should work on o3DS minus the video streaming. So I don't know why the debugger isn't working for you but it's probably related to the frankenfirm. You could try the original BootNTR from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases (need to extract 3.6 ntr.zip onto the SD as well as installing the BootNTR 3.2 .cia, Mode3 is used for extended memory mode games only)
The debugger boots up now. I understand later that bin files should been on the root of de de card. for the stream I had kitkat 2.0.3.4 what should I have now ? or to test it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""