Hacking Gateway and R4i Deluxe Blue card on 3ds 6.1?

YoungBloodEnterprises

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some research and I found out that the Gateway Blue Card and the R4i Gold Deluxe blue card can work on a 3ds version 6.1. I tried setting it up but I keep getting an error on my 3ds (which is currently on 6.1). Am I doing something wrong or is this just a hoax?

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country
whoever told you that it works on 6.1 has lied to you it only works on 3ds between 4.1 and 4.5 the gateway card and the r4i deluxe gold is the same cant work on 3ds past 4.5

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
whoever told you that it works on 6.1 has lied to you it only works on 3ds between 4.1 and 4.5 the gateway card and the r4i deluxe gold is the same cant work on 3ds past 4.5

So I did some research and I found out that the Gateway Blue Card and the R4i Gold Deluxe blue card can work on a 3ds version 6.1.

About the OP, I don't know, you could be doing something wrong.

What have you done and what's that error you are getting?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Iight. I just wanted to be sure because all I want to do is play NDS games on my 3ds. I'll either have to update my card or buy a new one

Or you could give us details about what you are exactly using, but it's up to you to ignore this and buy another card.

You know the error you get when you update your 3ds and your flashcart won't work on it.

No, I seriously don't know and... what is the cart that you are using to begin with? is it the Gateway card or the R4i cart?

Edit for additional details: Can you see at least the icon of the game "Deep Labyrinth"?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to put up the exploit to play 3ds games, It will not work, It only works on 3ds >4.5

Please read the post before replying. In fact, if you even read the title you would have seen that OP is talking about the blue card, which is basically a re-stickered regular DS flashcart.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read the post before replying. In fact, if you even read the title you would have seen that OP is talking about the blue card, which is basically a re-stickered regular DS flashcart.

I know that, Im saying that if he is trying to LOAD the exploit is not gonna work.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so it's actually different from the Gateway DS cart... after trying to boot it, what's the error you are getting? (btw, a R4i user could help us here).

After I boot it, my 3ds says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

I use the R4i.

This usually means a. the wood kernel isn't properly installed or b. you need to flash an update.

Or it could be a simple SD issue, though I doubt it.

Try downloading the patches for 6.x on the r4ids.cn website and running them on your DS lite or DSi.

If you don't have those, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Gamestop sells them refurb for about $40, or borrow from a friend. Also the patches are DS specific - there is one for the NDSL/NDS and one for the DSi/3DS

YoungBloodEnterprises

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the R4i.

This usually means a. the wood kernel isn't properly installed or b. you need to flash an update.

Or it could be a simple SD issue, though I doubt it.

Try downloading the patches for 6.x on the r4ids.cn website and running them on your DS lite or DSi.

If you don't have those, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Gamestop sells them refurb for about $40, or borrow from a friend. Also the patches are DS specific - there is one for the NDSL/NDS and one for the DSi/3DS

I have a NDSL. Just to be sure I got this right, After I download the patches for 6.x, I'll just update the card on my NDSL with the current wood kernel and then it should work on my 3ds?

P.S. Does flashing an update require me to update my 3ds after updating my card because my 3ds is currently on 6.1 and I don't plan on updating til the R4i Gold team find a way for their deluxe cards to work on 6.x firmware.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a NDSL. Just to be sure I got this right, After I download the patches for 6.x, I'll just update the card on my NDSL with the current wood kernel and then it should work on my 3ds?

P.S. Does flashing an update require me to update my 3ds after updating my card because my 3ds is currently on 6.1 and I don't plan on updating til the R4i Gold team find a way for their deluxe cards to work on 6.x firmware.

Unless Nintendo has found some magical exploit and patched it in 7.1, it should work exactly the same whether you're on 6.x or x.x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1