Hacking Gateway 3DS Team Response to Clones and 2.0 update

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stop defending GW! Yes they are the first with a working solution... and you can call every competitor that apears now a clone. But the first step needed to be done and now other teams can use this as an starting point to develop their own card and software. Even Smealum used the decrypted Launcher.bin to make his own hack.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Stop defending GW! Yes they are the first with a working solution... and you can call every competitor that apears now a clone. But the first step needed to be done and now other teams can use this as an starting point to develop their own card and software. Even Smealum used the decrypted Launcher.dat to make his own hack.

Like you say they were the first, they deserve to be defended, they actually did something unlike everyone that just waited to copy someone else work....

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop defending GW! Yes they are the first with a working solution... and you can call every competitor that apears now a clone. But the first step needed to be done and now other teams can use this as an starting point to develop their own card and software. Even Smealum used the decrypted Launcher.dat to make his own hack.

If people want to defend the GW, let them. I doubt the other teams that makes these clones will offer continual support.
The GW team actually makes the effort, the others just want to leech off others' work. Hard work pays off later but laziness pays off now.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like you say they were the first, they deserve to be defended, they actually did something unlike everyone that just waited to copy someone else work....

You don't know that, they where just the smartest team to figure it out first. I respect the GW team for what they have done but i'm looking forward what the other teams will do, before i decide who gets my money.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know that, they where just the smartest team to figure it out first. I respect the GW team for what they have done but i'm looking forward what the other teams will do, before i decide who gets my money.
Why are you telling people to stop defending a team you respect?

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway Team

Takes several months to bring out a new update and to any of their loyal customers they keep telling it's coming soon.

and

Supposedly dissects and examine a clone (within 24 hours of its announcement) and falsefully declares that it's running an obsolete firmware of their own card without new features such as region free.

You have my respect Gateway team.

NOT

Reactions: NEP

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway Team

Takes several months to bring out a new update and to any of their loyal customers they keep telling it's coming soon.

and

Supposedly dissects and examine a clone (within 24 hours of its announcement) and falsefully declares that it's running an obsolete firmware of their own card without new features such as region free.

NOT

Someone here's having a bad day. Stop being so self-entitled.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Gateway Team

and

NOT

what a crappy argument lol.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Stop defending GW! Yes they are the first with a working solution... and you can call every competitor that apears now a clone. But the first step needed to be done and now other teams can use this as an starting point to develop their own card and software. Even Smealum used the decrypted Launcher.bin to make his own hack.
Oh noes, the Supercard DSTwo is a clone of R4i Gold No Updates Without Cutting Cords or Buying A New One!!!

Gateway Team

Takes several months to develop out a new update and to all of their loyal customers and keep telling it's coming soon, but they are not sure, but they are trying

and

Dissects and examine a clone (within 24 hours of its announcement) and declares that it's likely unning an obsolete firmware of their own card without new features such as region free.

SO TRUE!

Reactions: NEP

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's getting more interesting, R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition(r4ids.cn) released a new Youtube video for the "Region locked free" feature today... http://r4ids.cn/news.htm
seems their new card is updatable, let's see.

Definitely getting more interesting. That's the one on it's way for my review. Wonder if it plays 5.X games as well.

EDIT: Of course I'll post some PCB pictures of the Deluxe.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why are you telling people to stop defending a team you respect?

That's because i respect the other teams too (or let me say i don't disrespect them). But people here say they are crap only because they where not the first. Then they come up with bad arguments that the 'clones' are from china. I don't think the GW card looks that high quality either (don't like the logo that much and nothing special about the rest).

Reactions: NEP and LurkerA

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely getting more interesting. That's the one on it's way for my review. Wonder if it plays 5.X games as well.

EDIT: Of course I'll post some PCB pictures of the Deluxe.

Yes, they are working on "NAND Dumper" stuff as well.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because i respect the other teams too (or let me say i don't disrespect them). But people here say they are crap only because they where not the first. Then they come up with bad arguments that the 'clones' are from china. I don't think the GW card looks that high quality either (don't like the logo that much and nothing special about the rest).

The thing is, clones have a track record of being bad. I've had my hands on a LOT of those R4 clones, and they don't stand out at all. Clones have caused severe problems on DS consoles in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gs2NJD5wIRM?si=z5iQfjkUej3Xs5j-