Hacking Gateway 3DS Team Response to Clones and 2.0 update

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who is too retarded to understand my arguement, I will spell it out:

I am not against Gateway team nor I am defending any cloned flashcards. What I am simply saying is that Gateway team prides itself for its thorough examination/testing of its work before it releases the work to public.

I don't like nor understand why they resort to lying and claimed that the said clones have inferior hardwares? It's understandable that they don't want to lose out on their profits to clones but how did they judged it "so quickly"? They got defensive. This I find wrong, lying is not cool.

Reactions: LurkerA

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thing is, clones have a track record of being bad. I've had my hands on a LOT of those R4 clones, and they don't stand out at all. Clones have caused severe problems on DS consoles in the past.

You don't know what type of clones theses new cards are. Time will tell if they are like all the r4i clones that stop working or if they get their own support. And the r4 team has proven to support their products.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means it was not exactly an update; also, since they are using the same structure as Gateway, what is upgradable in this case is the launcher file.

Don't worry the update, it will come for sure...
I don't think they use the same hardware structure as Gateway, the cracked way might be similar, not sure, let's see anyway.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know what type of clones theses new cards are. Time will tell if they are like all the r4i clones that stop working or if they get their own support. And the r4 team has proven to support their products.

True, you can say that. I will concede that point as right now things are still up in the air. But trends have shown that in the past, clones are always made with lower quality materials to reduce production costs as much as possible in an attempt to maximize profits. I got a ton of them off as review samples, and they're all running the same fake Wood firmware, and tend to break down fairly quickly. I'd be interested to grab a clone to further refute the claims that these clones are going to be good, though. Part of me is curious, and part of me is a bit suspicious. Not trying to step on your toes, but based on several years worth of reviewing and dealing with these things, I can say with a degree of confidence that these clones might not be the boon that you guys are looking for.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't see any logic in accusing other companies for "cloning". Same you can say about mobile phones, there was 1 company that made it, so now all companies are just clones.

3ds card clones are good. Why?
Simply because it will make card makers work harder to keep customers flow. This is good for customers, since they won't have to wait ages for new firmwares.
Cloning also means price compete, which is again, good for customers.

Still new in this card area, looking for Gateway product, but those new 3ds link and r4i made me curious about it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't worry the update, it will come for sure...
I don't think they use the same hardware structure as Gateway, the cracked way might be similar, not sure, let's see anyway.

By structure I meant the same operative way: DS Profile exploit to load the launcher file from the SD card. And about the update thing, I said that, what they are presenting as an update, may be something that was really already supported.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
True, you can say that. I will concede that point as right now things are still up in the air. But trends have shown that in the past, clones are always made with lower quality materials to reduce production costs as much as possible in an attempt to maximize profits. I got a ton of them off as review samples, and they're all running the same fake Wood firmware, and tend to break down fairly quickly. I'd be interested to grab a clone to further refute the claims that these clones are going to be good, though. Part of me is curious, and part of me is a bit suspicious. Not trying to step on your toes, but based on several years worth of reviewing and dealing with these things, I can say with a degree of confidence that these clones might not be the boon that you guys are looking for.

And i can't trust the first card. My revolutionary first slot-1 flashcard (DX-Xtreme) turned out to be crap/unsupported. There will be a better card ;)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And i can't trust the first card. My revolutionary first slot-1 flashcard (DX-Xtreme) turned out to be crap/unsupported. There will be a better card ;)

Oh DANG. I remember the DS-Xtreme. That's the one with the glowing lights and all that, right? ;) And there's definitely going to be a better solution out eventually, but that's the key word here, eventually. :P People don't have that kind of patience. :D

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah disco lights, USB Port and a passionated Dev-Team. :yay: and :cry:

That's the unofficial nickname I had for it a long time ago. Thing's vintage. Keep it safe for now! Too bad it's clunky up the wazoo. :angry: And heh, with that cart in mind, flash carts really have come a long way, don't you agree?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't like nor understand why they resort to lying and claimed that the said clones have inferior hardwares? It's understandable that they don't want to lose out on their profits to clones but how did they judged it "so quickly"? They got defensive. This I find wrong, lying is not cool.

While I think it would have been best for Gateway to say nothing, or a more generic warning citing the general dangers of clone cards, there's every possibility that these clones are being made in the same factory as the Gateway, so they may well have had access to the clone hardware even before they were announce.

esmrjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General gateway 3ds question. I have been using the gateway and now I bought a dstwo for ds roms, do you thinking installing the blue card hack frequently is going to cause any problems long term? I concerned that doing it every time I enter ds mode will cause problems, maybe one day it will freeze or something during the install and brick.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General gateway 3ds question. I have been using the gateway and now I bought a dstwo for ds roms, do you thinking installing the blue card hack frequently is going to cause any problems long term? I concerned that doing it every time I enter ds mode will cause problems, maybe one day it will freeze or something during the install and brick.
Anything's possible. Will it happen? I doubt it. Could it happen? Sure. If you are worried, just play your DS games first, then you don't have to keep switching.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i guess it wont, cause it only overwrites a ds profile. in the worst case you have to reset your ds profile ( that is what you need to do when you use the ds bricker virus on the 3ds)

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the clone thing is only a good thing.

Here is why I think that

1. Stops them getting lazy knowing now that others are now getting on the scene sure clones right now but soon enough they will work out how there doing it and even make there own software
2. Pricing Gateway one way or another will have to reduce the price if the clones fall to a very low price tag

I also sense that Gateway are worried about these clones in there statement which is very Generic rather like Nintendo would say using non Nintendo products are not supported or endorsed by them and usage could break your device, Now I am not saying that these Clones are top quality or anything but competition between company's even be it clones vs real is only good for the consumer.

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the clone thing is only a good thing.

Here is why I think that

1. Stops them getting lazy knowing now that others are now getting on the scene sure clones right now but soon enough they will work out how there doing it and even make there own software
2. Pricing Gateway one way or another will have to reduce the price if the clones fall to a very low price tag

1. You're calling the Gateway-Team lazy ? Sure ? Because they supported their cards since July with Features like FW-Spoofing, Region free, EMU-Nand for futureproof compatibility, upcoming Multiromsupport and so on. This is what you called lazy ? Oh boy!

2. For 65$ you'll get an DS-Flashcard for DS-Roms and the entire 3DS Library. Yeah! It should be free! Piratez wantz dem Gamz fo free!!! (Or just save 5$ while buying a Clone-Card to support a Team who won't support you with Updates if Gateway stops due to those clones)

And stop complaining about the Cards. Let's take a look at the Publisher and their "Feature Line up". They just copied the Features or the entire updates from the Gateway-Team. They also just wait till the Gateway Team releaeses their 2.0 Update to copy even the EMU-Nand Feature...

For now the only Team who supports us and realeasing NEW!!!!! FEATURES!!!! is the Gateway-Team. If the Gateway-Team would stop their support, the other Teams would as well ;) (nothing more to copypasta) Even the Pictures in the Guide are copied from the Gateway-Manual...

Support the Team who (obviously) keeps on giving!

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
1. You're calling the Gateway-Team lazy ? Sure ? Because they supported their cards since July with Features like FW-Spoofing, Region free, EMU-Nand for futureproof compatibility, upcoming Multiromsupport and so on. This is what you called lazy ? Oh boy!

2. For 65$ you'll get an DS-Flashcard for DS-Roms and the entire 3DS Library. Yeah! It should be free! Piratez wantz dem Gamz fo free!!! (Or just save 5$ while buying a Clone-Card to support a Team who won't support you with Updates if Gateway stops due to those clones)

And stop complaining about the Cards. Let's take a look at the Publisher and their "Feature Line up". They just copied the Features or the entire updates from the Gateway-Team. They also just wait till the Gateway Team releaeses their 2.0 Update to copy even the EMU-Nand Feature...

For now the only Team who supports us and realeasing NEW!!!!! FEATURES!!!! is the Gateway-Team. If the Gateway-Team would stop their support, the other Teams would as well ;) (nothing more to copypasta) Even the Pictures in the Guide are copied from the Gateway-Manual...

Calm your tits.

The more people will make those cards - the more advance they will be. Different people have different knowledge/possibilities, which means they can give their own stuff to customers or stuff that other ones can't offer. Price droping is not new thing and prices will go down with clones or without, so don't need blame clones in that.

Gateway are good, they are pioneers in 3ds hack-cards, but they can't be in this position forever, and you know that. What if other companies really can offer more for the price they ask? What if they have bigger and more advance team for things they will do? Don't be gateway-fanboy and start think more realistic...

Peace.

Reactions: NEP

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Calm your tits.

The more people will make those cards - the more advance they will be. Different people have different knowledge/possibilities, which means they can give their own stuff to customers or stuff that other ones can't offer. Price droping is not new thing and prices will go down with clones or without, so don't need blame clones in that.

Gateway are good, they are pioneers in 3ds hack-cards, but they can't be in this position forever, and you know that. What if other companies really can offer more for the price they ask? What if they have bigger and more advance team for things they will do? Don't be gateway-fanboy and start think more realistic...

Peace.

Great in theory, but I'll believe it when I see it. More people making cards doesn't necessarily mean more advances. You need more talented people for that. Whether the cloners have any talent is questionable until proven otherwise.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Great in theory, but I'll believe it when I see it. More people making cards doesn't necessarily mean more advances. You need more talented people for that. Whether the cloners have any talent is questionable until proven otherwise.

There are tons of examples in human world already... Remember different firmwares for devices, someone did 1st, but then ppl started to "clone" and eventually you get way better version from what u had from "source". Gateway is not really a game breaker in 3ds cards, they just used stuff that other can do, so you don't have to worship them.
I'm really waiting both sides to make good firmwares for their cards and don't start wars. They should think about their customers, not about each other.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

OK Fanboy calm down before you get a bit butthurt. I thought it was clear what I was getting at but obviously not...

IF only ONE company makes a product they control it all, They do not if they so wish push for more features knowing there is no one else doing what we do so its us or no one.

Lets see here....

Note here I didn't call them lazy I said this sorta competition that will arise will prevent them getting lazy... use your head.

and as for your Whining at point 2 "Yeah! It should be free! Piratez wantz dem Gamz fo free!!!" Technically that's half way what the Gateway is doing your just paying more to get to play games for free (for possible better quality constructed cart and / or Software) if you really gave half a shit instead of OMG GIMMEH DEM ROMZ! you could ya know buy the game and support the dev's... and no I am not labeling anyone as a pirate or anything but just running on this person's "logic"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw bc my sup m3 is dead im gonna use its sd card to mod my dsi