Hacking Gateway 3DS Saving Issue

HyperVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody had any success with the saving feature for the gateway cartridge?

I've tried a few games, e.g. Luigi's Mansion and Shinobi. I've been using the procedure outlined, i.e. selecting home and then close. Luigi's mansion creates a file and this can be seen when loading it back up, but it starts at the beginning of the game.

Shinobi doesn't even recognise it's saved a game when you restart it.

HyperVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got to a point in both games where I would have thought there would have been a save point, then I selected HOME and then CLOSE.

When I loaded Luigi again, you could see that there was a file that had been created in the game itself, however when selected it just went from the beginning again.

HyperVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just had another look at it. After selecting HOME and then CLOSE - that's the same as pressing X as it has X next to the CLOSE button.

Anyway, after finishing the first sub-level, I tried it again and it works. So, as above - it's not a real-time save.

D

Deleted User

I've just had another look at it. After selecting HOME and then CLOSE - that's the same as pressing X as it has X next to the CLOSE button.

Anyway, after finishing the first sub-level, I tried it again and it works. So, as above - it's not a real-time save.

So what did you do differently than in your first post to make it work??

HyperVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Injected a bit of patience and actually complete a level which then allowed the game to save at a predetermined point.

Reactions: f0rCe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.