Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

yabbitboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are trolling us, you are doing it right.

Like I said I got this source on a rom site by a person who claims to be "Gateway3ds". Even I dont know if this person is the real "Gateway3ds" or not, but there is a good sign it may be legit as that moderator of that rom site acknowledge the person who claims to be "Gateway3ds"..... Moderator should have his IP address in his database should this "Gateway3ds" person turns out to be a fake.

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The problem is that there has been no word /at all/ for ten days. Nothing. No email replies to ANYTHING either. That's what's worrying. That's what builds impatience.

First week of October is the great chinese national holiday. Everyone go home, out of town or travel around. Many people (roughly half my team) used extra days off to get a second week of holiday at the same time.

It is safe to assume most of the gateway team is on holiday. Business will resume next week.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this is a reliable source or not, but this source I got from a rom site [ I wont link it though ]. Anyways on that rom site I clicked on the link for the Pokemon Y rom and saw a message from "Gateway3ds" and they said this:

"This game doesnt works with gateway v1.2 but it does with 2.0. So stay tuned, we are going to launch the update tomorrow."

So if I am guessing correctly, the official Gateway website will be updated tommorow with the 2.0 update?

Please not be a troll, please not be a troll, please not be..............

Anyway, I hope this post is real. Getting the gateway to work is one of the first steps to save and rom hacking. :D

Reactions: digipokemaster

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Gateway based in the United States? If so, why would they make an announcement on a Sunday? Monday is probably more fitting.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Gateway based in the United States? If so, why would they make an announcement on a Sunday? Monday is probably more fitting.

I always thought they where based in Europe somewhere because every video they have released used European products. A white 3ds XL(Not available here) Luigi's Mansion 2 (Goes by Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon here in the US) are just a few examples.

kira1000

Trophies
XP
Country
I always thought they where based in Europe somewhere because every video they have released used European products. A white 3ds XL(Not available here) Luigi's Mansion 2 (Goes by Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon here in the US) are just a few examples.
well if they are based in China or a similar area (possible since they produce the devices in China if I remember correctly as well as the fact that they took 10 days off for the holiday) then it means that it would be Monday there.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if they are based in China or a similar area (possible since they produce the devices in China if I remember correctly as well as the fact that they took 10 days off for the holiday) then it means that it would be Monday there.

It's not Monday in China now. China is a few hours behind Australia. In Australia it is Sunday 6pm; therefore, in China it is Sunday 3pm or thereabouts.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys DO realize that not all countries have Sunday as the weekend, right? Over here Friday is the weekend, despite us being GMT+3.

On topic, if the update was for Pokemon then I'll be disappointed, I know most people ion this threat are excited for Pokemon but I'm still waiting for a fix for firmware 6.x so I can join the party, not saying that it would be bad news, better compatibility is always a good thing, but I'm probably not the only one who's been updating his 3DS regularly before Gateway was announced and we desperate to have one.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I was one of those suckers who got sucked into buying those 120 dollar ds cards that barely worked. I forgot the name of the card, it was apparently the worst card you could get.

To be fair I was new at the time.
Pretty sure you're talking about DS-extreme.. I almost bought it as well. But decided to wait a couple of months, did some research, and bought CycloDS at around $45.. It was worth it

Reactions: tyons

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
oDjio1R.png

Not my image by the way, a guy in another thread linked it.

The GBATEMP member isn't trolling, dunno about that account in the screenshot there...

Edit : Just checked, that's not an account, that's just a chosen username for that message. Probably fake.

Reactions: Huntereb

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
A guy just told me he saw pokemon x/y running on a gateway. Video was on youtube but set to private now.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Not my image by the way, a guy in another thread linked it.

The GBATEMP member isn't trolling, dunno about that account in the screenshot there...

Edit : Just checked, that's not an account, that's just a chosen username for that message. Probably fake.

Not probably IT IS FAKE it's obvious.

Reactions: TheDreamLord

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The anticipation and speculation here is almost as bad as the AMD R9 290x drama over at the computer forums. :P

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I found a 3ds xl on CL for $140 at 6.0 that comes with monster hunter 3. I know this is somewhat of an annoying question asking "will this happen" but I was never in the 3ds scene so I just want to know, with all your professional opinions, should I (we) expect a 6.2 working Gateway? Or is it really worth it to pay so much more to get a new 3ds that's $60 more just for 4.5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, WTF?