Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... Just a question as everyone is making comparisons about GW and others CFW.

I have a GW, but I installed rxTools just because i dont needed the flashcard inserted...

Why some people say that GW CFW is best ? Its the same, but with the needed to use a flashcard, no?

I should be using the GW?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Just a question as everyone is making comparisons about GW and others CFW.

I have a GW, but I installed rxTools just because i dont needed the flashcard inserted...

Why some people say that GW CFW is best ? Its the same, but with the needed to use a flashcard, no?

I should be using the GW?

.3ds file support, in-game cheat menu (NTR has something similar i think), automatic region patching.

I wouldnt say its the best cause theres some things you cant do on GW that you can do on CFW (out of region DLC patching comes to mind) but there are other things that are also easier on GW. To get the best of both worlds just have a Gateway and rxTools, they run off the same EmuNAND so its easy to set up.
Personally i like the look of the GW card inside of my 3DS, it something with cartridges with MicroSD slots that appeal to me for some reason. Plus the light sometimes blinks on and blinds you when you load the launcher.

Last edited by jscjml,
Reactions: trsoares

Doumekxkai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some one besides me is having problems with GW cheats?
I'm always getting "couldn't load cheats" error, but the txt file is in the cheats folder with correct id name :/

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some one besides me is having problems with GW cheats?
I'm always getting "couldn't load cheats" error, but the txt file is in the cheats folder with correct id name :/

Did you put the cheats folder onto the mSD card that goes into the gateway cartidge? (not on the mSD inside the 3ds)

Last edited by Binebina87,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
there is problem i am having for some time
when i try to launch GW.3dsx and the gateway card is inserted , it crashes , sometimes.
but when launching GW from the browser , it never crashes.

O 3DSXL 9.2 sysnand US
emunand 10.3

Last edited by aos10,

Duckbuster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there is problem i am having for some time
when i try to launch GW.3dsx and the gateway card is inserted , it crashes , sometimes.
but when launching GW from the browser , it never crashes.

O 3DSXL 9.2 sysnand US
emunand 10.3
The bootrates from menuhax/homebrew launcher are not 100%, I've noticed it helps to wait a little bit before starting the GW.3dsx.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recently followed the guide on how to spoof eShop on 9.5, will the two .cia's that required installation be a problem or can I just go ahead and replace the Launcher and update? Nothing else to do?

Also, I read that NTR on top oF GW 10.3 won't work, is it best to wait? Because I really need NTR for translation patches. Thanks.

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome news. ^o^ Will be updating my emunand shortly. :D

Hopefully Supercard will fix their Gateway plugin so I can go back to using just the DS2+ again. :unsure:

Duckbuster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recently followed the guide on how to spoof eShop on 9.5, will the two .cia's that required installation be a problem or can I just go ahead and replace the Launcher and update? Nothing else to do?

Also, I read that NTR on top oF GW 10.3 won't work, is it best to wait? Because I really need NTR for translation patches. Thanks.
You can replace launcher.dat and update without any problems even if you updated NVER and TIGER. (I did the same, make na emunand backup with emunand tool or emunand9 just in case)
And if you're using NTR to play translation patches, then I recommend waiting.
Since NTR currently isn't working on 10.3 yet.

Reactions: Kibido

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What brick have you been living under? :P

Yes, you can downgrade now with just software and use your GW + New3DS emunand 10.3, but there's about 10-20% chance of a brick. The odds may have improved recently though.

One caveat, once 10.4 is out, you will no longer have the softbrick->update to 10.3->re-downgrade failsafe that's been helping a lot of people. Also, the free browser exploit will also likely be patched so you'll need a hax game.
Haven't been paying attention to the 3DS scene anymore ever since the 3.0 hype train

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land