Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
temp solution: use 3.4.2 launcher and boot to sysnand gw mode, mount game and inject save to gw ctr there. (utilize ctrx to simplify .sav renaming)

it sucks.

Alternatively, use Cakes/Reinand temporarily to use SaveDataFiler, then go back to Gateway afterward. They can use the same emuNAND as Gateway.
You can't, GW launcher.dat 3.4.1 or even 3.6.0 won't load emunand 10.3 on N3DS (black screen).

In other words if you're on N3DS with 10.3 emunand, SaveDataFiler is broken and there's nothing that can be done about it. fuck.

Starting with Launcher.dat 3.6.1 and newer, SaveDataFiler isn't able to import save to CTR (ie: it won't create the 000400000FF40A00.sav). The remedy is to use 3.6.0, but on N3DS with 10.3 emunand, 3.6.0 isn't able to load emunand!

Hopefully they'll fix it soon; it's still working fine in the other CFWs on 10.3 N3DS though (just saying, not trying to start any CFW vs. Gateway wars here).

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
fuck yall are retarded did i say its the worst thing out there? no all im saying is cos there a payed product they need to keep up with the free alternatives.

Reactions: cearp

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Alternatively, use Cakes/Reinand temporarily to use SaveDataFiler, then go back to Gateway afterward. They can use the same emuNAND as Gateway.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon; it's still working fine in the other CFWs on 10.3 N3DS though (just saying, not trying to start any CFW vs. Gateway wars here).
the goal is to inject/restore sdf backup into .3ds games in red cart. you cannot use cfw for this because none of them load gw red cart.

there is no problem in importing/exporting .cia games with sdf in gw mode
while for .3ds games sdf can only export save from .3ds but importing no longer works.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the goal is to inject/restore sdf backup into .3ds games in red cart. you cannot use cfw for this because none of them load gw red cart.

there is no problem in importing/exporting .cia games with sdf in gw mode
while for .3ds games sdf can only export save from .3ds but exporting no longer works.

Ah, I missed the part about the red card, sorry. I thought you meant retail carts with SDF were broken with Gateway (that became possible in the last big update, didn't it?).

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With 10.4 out as of ~30mins ago, has anyone here tried updating and trying their Gateway to see if it works on a N3DS?

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wait for gateway respond , they usually make new launcher in the next day.

True enough. Seeing as the N3DS finally received full emunand support, I wondered if 10.4 would have broken that (although now that the 9.6 encryption is broken, I'm sure N3DS users will be more or less on the same page as O3DS users, as far as emunand updates go).

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
True enough. Seeing as the N3DS finally received full emunand support, I wondered if 10.4 would have broken that (although now that the 9.6 encryption is broken, I'm sure N3DS users will be more or less on the same page as O3DS users, as far as emunand updates go).
The problem is they patched NATIVE_FIRM or whatever it called.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp no multirom menu but it works otherwise IMG_0028.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: link in the description