Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Has anyone downgraded to 4.5 from 9.2?? Any confirmation of it working would be amazing (3DS Region is EU)

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Tutorial please?
Boot to gateway menu (If you've done it before Hold L, Eject Cart, whatever works.).
Format emunand (Back up SD card first).
Go to system menu and make sure to says GW[Version Number].
Do a system update without closing the system menu (Closing it resets to sysnand seemingly).
It'll reboot to actual firmware after the update downloads then finish after using the exploit again.

Fairly simple, obviously only tested it on 5.1 EU firmware.

Obviously with themes it makes it incredibly easy to tell if you're on emunand after you do it once.

Reactions: Kikirini

Sosainas

Trophies
XP
Country
If I start a game in Pokemon ORAS and after I format the syste, could I load the previous savegame?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone downgraded to 4.5 from 9.2?? Any confirmation of it working would be amazing (3DS Region is EU)
people have mentioned serveral times, the 'downgrade packs' are not available yet so it's not possible to as of yet.

aureate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone verify the md5? The one on the site seems to be missing a number when I try to verify. Just want to make sure it's a typo. When I check it is identical, except for an additional '1' on the end.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's just weird why would it let me do everything but launch games... I was able to backup the nand and everything. So it's not uncommon?
if its a real SPI error, basically everything except card1 games will work, try launching pokemon or animal crossing, they should work fine, if not its probably a fake SD card or something

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So your card can still be used via 2.7 omega with emunand 9.4 after updating the red card. Not forced to use the browser exploit instead?

You just replace the launcher.dat
if you are on 4.5, everything works the same but your gateway will update to 3.0
(no need for 4.5 users to update, as there is no new update for emunand anyway)

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if Emunand works, how can we tell if we're in it if going into system menu makes us go back into sysnand?
Just so I don't accidentally update sysnand instead of emunand lol

Raz266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ladies and gentlemen, as they say.. a picture speaks a thousand words! That must mean a video speaks a few million words, right? Without further ado, today we show you Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

So wheres the support for N3DS? Do we have to wait like idiots for a couple of months or what? Their communication through the whole thing has been garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol