Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That is the only way it would happen, but then again on re-entry you think people would see that no GW3D is there

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did some tests last night
there is some clear differences between entering emunand with or without GUI (preseed L at ds profile loading) with gui it shut downs and saves as in 1.2fw but without there is some problems.

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else experience save problem occasionally ?
(stuck after press home + x)
I never have save problem with 1.2

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
gosh, they need to improve the stability issue here, got mine freezes often and sometime when closing game also....... :

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
gosh, they need to improve the stability issue here, got mine freezes often and sometime when closing game also....... :

Yeah, I get like 50% hangs on the striped screen when enabling gateway mode...I did not have even one when using 1.2v

kenwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i guess i will hold out in gateway mode without emunand as i did not encounter any problem so far in zelda albw rom. eshop & retail cart can come later after beta.

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to add my view on this beta.

Unlike the beta for region spoof, which was for a closed audience, this beta is an open beta. But the problem with this beta is, that users are at a HIGH RISK of rendering their 3ds on 4.x completly useless.
I dont for one single second buy the argument that GW fans would be mad if they had to wait another week for a fully fledged working release. Because what Gateway risk by this manouvre is losing customers, since an updated 3ds isnt able to run GW.

I don't consider myself as a "dumb as a space shuttle" to this hacking thing, but i sure hesitated when i saw that this was a beta, where people with not so much knowledge with, copying their NAND. I myself waited 24 hours before doing it, so I could see the inial problems and fails from users.
Now here we are a few days later, the result is as expected. A few people actually did update their sysNAND. The instructions for copying and formatting the NAND are terrible at best. I had to redo the whole thing several times over and over again, because i were never sure wtf the instruction really wanted me to do. The instructions has to fool proof.

A certain "special" feature this release has (and devastating too) , is that when you go into system settings to verify that you are on gw3ds firmware and exit systems and settings for the first time, its hard to tell what NAND you are on, because you havent made any significant differences. Alas, people are back on their sysNAND and they start updating.
That small thing should be highlighted with big fcking flash text in the instructions.

If anything, this beta should be kept closed like a nun's ****, whereas spoofing could easily be open.

I did manage to update it correct, but my heart skipped 2 beats when i took the chance updating. And i am right now enjoying the new zelda.

I would like the GW crew to be more elaborate when do their instrutions, and really reconsider when a beta is suitible for open tests

For those of you that did screw up in this beta, I fully understand why you messed up and I feel sorrow for you.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, people also should have warning bells if software has BETA in the title...

Personally i don't feel sorry for people that messed up...
It is unofficial as hell, so you should know what you are getting into.

And i think the gateway team tries its best to please and support people.
They released the beta because of that, knowing it was not finished at the time..

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I think gateway have done a great job. I didn't have one issue apart from it not wanting to boot emunand from a 64Gb SD. Anything to do with NAND is risky so a hardware mod on firmware backup is best to have prior! The PDF that comes with release is quite clear people just need to read it a few times.

DrMabuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use the new firmware but did not update the emuNAND to avoid the risk of updating the sysNAND, so both are still at 4.5.
I tried running Zelda and Hometown story which did not work at 1.2 and now they work even without emuNAND 6.X
So obviously (at least for those two games) updating the emuNAND is not needed only the new launcher.dat
So if I do not want to use the store do I have to update the emuNAND currently at all?
Are there any games which does not work with the new firmware if I do not update the emuNAND (exept Pokemon and Animal Crossing)?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
True this, but kind of to be expectant with such a big patch, that something will go wrong. Hopefully they fix it though, but for now, be happy you can play plz :)

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So if I do not want to use the store do I have to update the emuNAND currently at all?
Are there any games which does not work with the new firmware if I do not update the emuNAND (exept Pokemon and Animal Crossing)?

An updated emuNAND is only needed if you want to use the store or to use original cards which need a newer system version.
All games (except Pokemon and Animal Crossing, both only working as eshop game/orig cartridge) are working without an update.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone running emuNAND updated their Mii Plaza? Any problems? I'm assuming it all happens in the emuNAND, so there shouldn't be any issues, but I'm curious about others experience.

I did it, no problems.

Also, if I leave my old un-updated version of Mii Plaza there will I still be able to spot pass at a Nintendo Zone w/ it while running emuNAND? It's a system feature, not a feature of the new Mii Plaza, correct?

I think it's working but you can't see the new hats.

What happens once I've updated the plaza on emuNAND, use it, etc, and then use it again under the un-updated 4.5 version in my "real" NAND? Does the updated version break the save data for the old one?

In the plaza settings on emuNAND it says v.3.2. On my sysNAND it's the stock version (no version number). The only problem i have is unrelated i think. see: http://gbatemp.net/threads/weird-streetpass-problem.358646/

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i could not play zelda on fw 4.1 in GW-mode - it just asked for an update. after performing the emunand thingy and updated it to 6.3 it just works flawlessly.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
i could not play zelda on fw 4.1 in GW-mode - it just asked for an update. after performing the emunand thingy and updated it to 6.3 it just works flawlessly.

that's exactly what I said, and mr. tHciNc said I was wrong ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, Red thank you, I will try that I use atmosphere and it look good XD