Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I'm trying to update the emuNand, I got the screen with GW3D 4.2.0-9U, however when trying to update it connect to my router, however after starting the download it show me a error message (with no number code, only telling that there was a error) and the system restarts. Any way to correct this?

I also have the same problem. When I try to update it just loads a tiny little bit and then gives the error message... :(

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a thread about it titled "Anyone know where to download Gateway 1.0?"

Anyways I figured it out how to fix the unupdatebale nand.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I also have the same problem. When I try to update it just loads a tiny little bit and then gives the error message... :(

I've fixed it, seems like that the actual NAND of my 3DS had a corrupted update file on it.

Load the emuNand (I recommend doing it using Gateway Mode)
Go to Settings (and check the version for the GW3DS text)
Proceed to format the system memory.
When the console reset, turn it off and on.
Reinstall the exploit (using blue card or other working flashcard)
Enter into emunand mode (at this time any method will do), the console will run the initial settings, do them all.
When the console resets, turn it off and on, reinstall the exploit.
You can reload the emunand gateway mode, check if it's running, and proceed to update the emunand.

With this I've updated my emunand, while keeping the update file corrupted at sys/physNAND that will hold the OTA update attempts.

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I've fixed it, seems like that the actual NAND of my 3DS had a corrupted update file on it.

Load the emuNand (I recommend doing it using Gateway Mode)
Go to Settings (and check the version for the GW3DS text)
Proceed to format the system memory.
When the console reset, turn it off and on.
Reinstall the exploit (using blue card or other working flashcard)
Enter into emunand mode (at this time any method will do), the console will run the initial settings, do them all.
When the console resets, turn it off and on, reinstall the exploit.
You can reload the emunand gateway mode, check if it's running, and proceed to update the emunand.

With this I've updated my emunand, while keeping the update file corrupted at sys/physNAND that will hold the OTA update attempts.

Thanks! I'll give it a try when I have time.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Just if anyone cares (of course you do) I've received information that the next gateway release (with NAND games support and probably multirom) will PROBABLY be available BEFORE christmas. Yeah, holidays with Pokemon.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've sent an e-mail asking, the answer was:

"It will be included with our next update, which should be before Christmas.

mailto:[email protected] "

Also, I created this account just to let everyone know this info. If you want to believe me or not, up to ya ;)

I got the same email, so yes, it is genuine :)

Reactions: Keylogger

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
what is happening when u are on emunand and do the system format?

It clears the user settings files in the emuNAND, erases any update files that was downloaded and cached into emuNAND, and it clears the DS Profile in the actual console (requiring that you reinstall the exploit), also it changes the console ID for use on SD cards, so you end with a new directory to control folders/downloaded apps.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What if i get the user Agreement for internet connection when updating the EmuNAND?
Wont it go back to the SystemNAND after accepting that?

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Allow me to translate from Gateway into English. "Before Christmas" surely means "1st of February". I mean, "very close" means 1+ month and less features than promised in Gateway language, doesn't it? Just trying to stop people getting their hopes up prematurely again...

Haha sorry I can't help being a bitch. Love you Gateway guys! Its a pure bonus that any card manufacturer continues to update their product after launch, so painful as any wait may be for us impatient fools we're all lucky to get any updates at all. No complaints here. Just look at how many great updates the firmware has already had since launch in a relatively short space of time.

But can we all just hold a one minute silence for all those who have accidentally updated their real NAND past 4.5...

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Allow me to translate from Gateway into English. "Before Christmas" surely means "1st of February". I mean, "very close" means 1+ month and less features than promised in Gateway language, doesn't it? Just trying to stop people getting their hopes up prematurely again...

GW operate in valve time?

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
If anybody remembers I was having issues with activity log and other things, formatting the emuNAND fixed it. Feels nice to have a "fresh" 3DS too.

Also just want to say I've done this twice on 2 3DSes with no issues in any of them. No crashes, accidental updating etc.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Classic mode let's you start retail 3DS games(the region lock is active here, as far as I know), GW Mode let's you start ROMs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...