Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
3dsx version is not working?
I use ninjhax 2.7 and all i get is a black screen no matter what i press after a while still no response

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used to use certain version of Gameyob (.3dsx)
But I updated to the latest version as a .cia.
It had many issues with different games like Shantae, specially with Sound and Frame drops (up to 35FPS at best)
So I thought that it was because the .cia couldnt handle the games, so I switched back to the latest (.3dsx) and I still have the same issue.

I CANT remember which version of Gameyob I had before changing it to the latest one, but the one I had didnt had frame drops, nor sound glitches.
Can anyone help me here?

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Used this to try and play Pokemon Prism... alas pressing the home button caused the emulator to crash meaning I lost all my progress since the last manual save state!

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have we ever tried reverse-engineering the VC RBY link cable code to add into Gameyob? If I'm not mistaken reverse-engineered code isn't illegal. If it was I'm pretty sure the open-source devkits would be in trouble then. Not to mention we've made some pretty good leeway into how it worked when trying to make Pokemon GSC work with the code.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

sandman15552000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate how smooth gameyob makes gb and gbc games look as well as having the color pallet. Some gbc games though run slow like shante and dragon warrior 3. When i set ffframe skip on 1 and hold ff button it speeds right up with no noticable clipping. Would it be possable to add auto frame skip. I know there is mgba, but it does not look nearly as good

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, can someone compile the latest version? Zelda Link's Awening doesn't work properly with my outdated version. :(

I think it may have something to do with the feature of automatically colorizing games by using the GBC bios, because the game boots and loads with a red hue. So I tried deleting the GBC bios to see if that would work, but nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ajfoucault,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ekitzbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh my god thank you guys so much, the only game I currently care about on the Gameboy is the gargoyles quest game and it was so frustrating why the e shop only ever had game II and up in it but not 1, this is so awesome and you would feel this way too if you were born in the 90's with our tech back then. :P This is the stuff of dreams in comparison, I mean emulating on an advanced handheld device.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: