Not open for further replies.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to their other Wii reviews, this game is worse than Tiger Woods PGA tour 10, 11, & 12, Call of Duty: Black Ops & Modern Warfare, NHL Slapshot, Wii Party, Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Wii Sports Resort, etc. I'm not trying to trash those games, but this is without a doubt better. Not 10/10 material, but at least 9/10.

@Anyone that has problems with the controls: you're doing it wrong.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's Gamespot, they're in shambles frankly. With competing websites and the age of metacritic, as well as an increasing distrust in reviewers in general in favour of user-scores, they're struggling.

Did you see their greatest sidekick contest this year? It was an absolute fiasco, the end battle was manipulated from the very beginning and had a very low voting out-come compared to the greatest hero and villain. GameFAQs current rivals poll is putting Gamespot to shame even.

Point being is that GameSpot are clearly desperate for traffic, and controversy is how they're getting it.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
7.5 is not terrible, but it's true what people said in this thread : What is a passable score becomes a very low score for gamers. But the thing is, a review is just a personal opinion, so your mileage may vary.

That said, when Crystal Bearers got a 1/5 on RPGamer, I definitely understood there was something wrong with the game. But a 7.5 sounds like someone who doesn't like Zelda games in general to start with, but saw positive stuff in it.

Anyone that has played Zelda games before will probably give it 9 or a 10 on principle that it matches other Zelda games quality (lower if it actually doesn't). It's basically comparing apples with apples. Comparing it with other games of the same generation, Zelda might deserve the 7.5. Who knows.

Arkangelyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.5 is not terrible, but it's true what people said in this thread : What is a passable score becomes a very low score for gamers. But the thing is, a review is just a personal opinion, so your mileage may vary.

That said, when Crystal Bearers got a 1/5 on RPGamer, I definitely understood there was something wrong with the game. But a 7.5 sounds like someone who doesn't like Zelda games in general to start with, but saw positive stuff in it.

Anyone that has played Zelda games before will probably give it 9 or a 10 on principle that it matches other Zelda games quality (lower if it actually doesn't). It's basically comparing apples with apples. Comparing it with other games of the same generation, Zelda might deserve the 7.5. Who knows.
Well, I'm playing Uncharted 3 as well as Skyward Sword this week, and I have to say that both of them are amazing. What Uncharted does for graphics and movie-like epicness, Zelda makes up for in quality, exploration, and gameplay. To give this game a 7.5 is absolutely ridiculous! Rayman Origins got an 8.5, Xenoblade got a 9, and *gulp* WII SPORTS RESORT GOT AN 8/10. Does this mean that Wii Sports Resort is a better game than Skyward Sword? Obviously not! But does this mean that Gamespot is a useless, pathetic, trolling website craving for attention in any way possible? Yes, yes it does.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People if you can't discuss this without rampant fanboyism and insulting other members then [strike]your little friends will have to go home[/strike] you don't need to be posting at all.
Realize that different people will have different opinions of the same experience.
This doesn't mean that they're morons.
This doesn't mean that you're clearly superior in every way.
And most of all this doesn't mean you need to get into a shouting match over it.

Knock it off.

EDIT: Personally speaking, I don't see what's so horrible about a 7.5 score. I'd still play it. Hell, do you let movie reviewers always decide what you'll watch? Food reviewers decide what you eat? I doubt it. You'll probably try something for yourself and make your decision then. Precisely how it should be.
So this reviewer didn't think it was the greatest game to ever be released.
So what?
That also falls under "opinions".

Reactions: 2 people

slaysme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That site keeps putting odd people in Nintendo review spots. Mc whatever's last review was goldeneye, which he gave an 8.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Why don't you just read Edge's review? they gave it 10/10!
Or OfficialNintendoMagazine's review? they gave it 98/100

Gamespot are only one website. (fair enough - they are a PS360 fanboy website...) so just don't use them and find a Nintendo fanboy review website, it will please you more.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hating on it, but Uncharted 3 got a 9 and only thing you do is repeat. Shoot (a lot), climb, do small amount of "force" combat and puzzles with a national treasure-like
story to cover it up. Then added multiplayer which look like they took a page out of the book of COD and other shooting games.
Then the contradictions with other reviews and it seems he was just hating on the controller.

Seem like something isn't right here. Even if he didn't like the controller, it shouldn't got knot down that many points. It as if he try to give
that score.

:lol:@ The fighting between Nintendo first party games.

Some you guys trying to make Zelda into something it not like Other M.
It doesn't need voice acting.

D

Deleted User

They gave Zelda a 7.5. Then, you visited their site. Advertisements are paid per visitor, it's that easy.
Yeah, Good point, Gamespot needed some controversy, after all, they do suck when compared to IGN's income.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GameSpot sucks and they're such trolls. When a game is hyped, they flop it on purpose which is bullshit.

They shouldn't take fan hype into account for the score. I can't take them seriously.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I think xenoblade is the best rpg that I have ever played. The game is able to get me interested in it. I think the story line is incredible, and I love the fighting style. I've tried FF games and they just bug the shit out of me because they seem/are overly complicated for the way I like to play games.

I haven't played SS yet, and I probably wont bother buying it until after I finish xenoblade, so I can't give an opinion about it yet.

I think that a 7.5 rating on a game is generally not a good rating (whether it is a real review or some half assed one). I can't think of any games that have come out with a rating lower than 5... even 6 is really rare. I've never seen a game with a rating lower than 5.... even the crappiest of games still have a rating better than 5. So the scale of 1 to 10 has been rather obscured. So the way I look at it is just subtract 5 from a rating and consider the scale as being 1-5. So in this case that would give SS a 2.5 on a 1-5 scale, which would be considered average.

Now this is all just the way I look at game ratings. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they prefer Wii sport resort over SS then indeed the Wii has more yes much more up it's sleeve. Go on and play some AC with super high res graphics, with dead boring game play. If i want hi res i go to the 3d theater you graphics hoes can't think out of the box.

And yes, i am a fanboy because i am a fan of quality boy!!

pokioh243

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL how does this game disappoint people. It was splendid, brilliant, the music was great, the story was ok, and I've only played to after the 4th dungeon yet. All the details in this game. For example when you enter the desert part of the lanayru area, there's this crystal and if you hit it, there's this grass that's all in the area outside of the crystal's aura, but one of the grasses is in the area. It's just a great example of how detailed nintendo thought about it. Just brilliant.

It's really my best zelda experience whatsoever.

D

Deleted User

LOL how does this game disappoint people. It was splendid, brilliant, the music was great, the story was ok, and I've only played to after the 4th dungeon yet. All the details in this game. For example when you enter the desert part of the lanayru area, there's this crystal and if you hit it, there's this grass that's all in the area outside of the crystal's aura, but one of the grasses is in the area. It's just a great example of how detailed nintendo thought about it. Just brilliant.

Once again, People with lack of gaming skill are upset.

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get real people, all of you that are doing the pro-Zelda arguments off as fanboyism you really need to go and figure. If that's all you can say then I still feel like you didn't give a good argument as to why it is bad, because fanboy is not an argument.

I'm 20+ hours into this game now and I have to say it was really a matter of getting used to it, that said it was also my first Wii game in a long time and my first Motion+ game ever. Though after long enough I got the controls figured and I was able to immerse myself more. I have to say there are a few flaws, the game feels a lot smaller than other Zelda's and it making you revisit the same areas feels cheap, but the overall package (by which I mean story + music + gameplay) is just classic Zelda and more. It took me only a few minutes to get me hooked and I immediately felt old Zelda sentiments come drifting up.

Sure, this game has flaws, but it's the best thing to play after the thousands and thousands of grim and fps like games that came out recently. A 7.5 is just too low, whether that's fanboy issues or not, it's simply too low. But then again, scores are always all over the place and reviews these days are getting ridiculous.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Once again, People with lack of gaming skill are upset.

The fanboy is strong in this one.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong