Hardware Games on mSD bought from eShop constantly disappearing

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lately games' data downloaded to micro sd that I bought from eShop disappear. The cloud icon is shown for these games and I have to redownload them. This happened two times in the past week. The micro sd seems to be working fine though. SX OS games and homebrew work fine. On PC it looks ok too.

It's a 200GB Sandisk card bought directly from Amazon.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by SpaceJump,
D

Deleted User

Sounds like your SD could be dying/fake.
This happened to me once, though my SD was fine, it was every game, and I knew the cause.
I'd test it with h2testw.

EDIT: or it could be Nintendo's meddling, since you use SX OS.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could you please correct the error in the title. You wrote mSD, but m is milli, not micro. The correct abbreviation vor micro is µ. If you keyboard does not have a µ, you are allowed to type uSD, but never mSD or MSD (MSD would mean mega SD)

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought the mSD from Amazon directly, I doubt it's fake. Also SX OS loads every game on it perfectly.
Are you sure it was "sold by Amazon" instead of "fullfilled by Amazon"?
And even amazon can receive faulty items, I would test the microSD using h2testw. If it's actual a legit microSD and it's faulty most of microSD have a "limited life time warranty".

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try doing a full format to exFat 128KB allocation size.

Though I already had 3 faulty Sandisk Ultra A1 128GB original M-SD, they all had speed problems and they kept corrupting by them self too with even no use as I only moved like 500MB of data max to test, but they just kept corrupting and windows had to keep fixing them (most likely just telling the sectors were bad and to not write to them ;) ).

They were all from 2018, bought in a official Sandisk listed store for my country and they all passed the full H2TESTW test.

I ended up paying more for an even slower crap Toshiba 128GB, but at least the speed is constant and never corrupted anything, but the IOPS are miserable compared to Sandisk so app loading will probably be a lot slower, specially for emunand, but I never tested as I never entered RCM yet as I only care for emunand and nothing out there makes me want to test yet ;).

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought the mSD from Amazon directly, I doubt it's fake. Also SX OS loads every game on it perfectly.
This means nothing. Amazon retailers are currently selling pirated digital versions of games and they aren't even doing anything about that yet.

Try removing your card and downloading a game to internal storage.

Try doing a full format to exFat 128KB allocation size.

Though I already had 3 faulty Sandisk Ultra A1 128GB original M-SD, they all had speed problems and they kept corrupting by them self too with even no use as I only moved like 500MB of data max to test, but they just kept corrupting and windows had to keep fixing them (most likely just telling the sectors were bad and to not write to them ;) ).

They were all from 2018, bought in a official Sandisk listed store for my country and they all passed the full H2TESTW test.

I ended up paying more for an even slower crap Toshiba 128GB, but at least the speed is constant and never corrupted anything, but the IOPS are miserable compared to Sandisk so app loading will probably be a lot slower, specially for emunand, but I never tested as I never entered RCM yet as I only care for emunand and nothing out there makes me want to test yet ;).
Sandisk is crap, never had a card last longer than 6 months. Switched to Samsung EVO and haven't looked back.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk is crap, never had a card last longer than 6 months. Switched to Samsung EVO and haven't looked back.
I don't think I will buy a Sandisk Ultra A1 any soon either, I already had a huge hassle of buying one, then doing a 80KM trip to replace it, then the same crap and then the 3rd I even took my laptop with me with its built-in PCI-E SD reader and tested in the store...

However I have a Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB on my Nvidia Shield Tablet as internal storage and I have it for like 2 years and it works perfectly, has no speed problems or any problem yet, but sadly they are a lot more expensive and Switch won't take any advantage in terms of speed, in fact ppl already tested non A1 Sandisks and the Ultra actually always loaded games faster than the extreme (but its like less than a second difference on most games, so nothing really special).

But on android for internal storage, almost all if not all other M-SD's will shit them self as Android encrypts the M-SD data and make it quite slow, so A1 is really needed there. I had a Kingston class10 64GB and was fast enough 4 me, but after using it as internal storage on my Nvidia Shield Tablet, it made the whole device to act like a dual core 1.2Ghz with 512MB and even slower as the whole android menu with nothing installed and lot of services disabled was already super slow while caching\writing\reading data encrypted on the M-SD.

ps: Sadly I still don't see other brand selling A1 SD's other than Sandisk, at least here, I hope other brand can sell them soon so I can buy a propper A1 as I won't be buying Sandisk Ultra to have to keep replacing them.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I will buy a Sandisk Ultra A1 any soon either, I already had a huge hassle of buying one, then doing a 80KM trip to replace it, then the same crap and then the 3rd I even took my laptop with me with its built-in PCI-E SD reader and tested in the store...

However I have a Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB on my Nvidia Shield Tablet as internal storage and I have it for like 2 years and it works perfectly, has no speed problems or any problem yet, but sadly they are a lot more expensive and Switch won't take any advantage in terms of speed, in fact ppl already tested non A1 Sandisks and the Ultra actually always loaded games faster than the extreme (but its like less than a second difference on most games, so nothing really special).

But on android for internal storage, almost all if not all other M-SD's will shit them self as Android encrypts the M-SD data and make it quite slow, so A1 is really needed there. I had a Kingston class10 64GB and was fast enough 4 me, but after using it as internal storage on my Nvidia Shield Tablet, it made the whole device to act like a dual core 1.2Ghz with 512MB and even slower as the whole android menu with nothing installed and lot of services disabled was already super slow while caching\writing\reading data encrypted on the M-SD.

ps: Sadly I still don't see other brand selling A1 SD's other than Sandisk, at least here, I hope other brand can sell them soon so I can buy a propper A1 as I won't be buying Sandisk Ultra to have to keep replacing them.
https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-microsd-cards/
https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/sd-microsd-application-performance-class/

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps