Hacking Games Freezing via USB Loader 1.5

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
i dno if the op has had a fix but im having the same isue, can i just assume its the games fault and wait for a rev11 or someting before trying it again?

its the same game as the op too, tat v cap

i am runing it off an sdhc-usb, would burining to disc and running it there help make it work?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's not your games that have the problem, but your HD.
If your using an extrenal hd laptop drive in a caddy this will happen a lot if power is supplied via the USB port.
If you have a USB cable with a double end, plug both USB connections into the Wii as many laptop drives need more power than 5v. This is just supplying the minimum. Having a double USB ended cable will supply more power to your HD.
Having said that I had one and still had intermitent freeze problems on many games. This I can tell you is your HD.
i since bought a 120gb Samsung HD laptop drive in a case which has a built in USB cable. Since having this non of my games have frozen and it's running on one port.

So some HD are OK with it and some not. I bought mine of ebay for €40 delivered.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
OK, so how do I set the spindown settings of my specific HDD? I've gone to the WD website, and there are tools there but none for spindown options.

I've set the HDD to Master and Cable Select and they still crash regardless of what jumper settings I Use. I've tried another enclosure to see if that makes a difference but it doesn't seem to as the games still crash.

It's clear it's not a cios or usb lodare issue, however, and points towards the hdd spindown or perhaps the case being at fault. The cases I have are all the same brand, Akasa enclosures.

Hopefully someone can direct me in the right direction

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146211

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!