Hacking GamePad to PC Controller [RELEASE/TUTORIAL]

Hoopjone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that a good idea. but im still just enthralled by the idea of streaming the video to the gamepad. so for now i'll just patiently wait for vash to see if he can work it out.

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're talking about USendMii, from the screenshots it appears to allow mapping the Y button, yes. (I have not tried it personally, as I do not own a WiiU)

Well yes, my application also is capable of mapping to the Y button, but it still doesn't fix the issue of actual use.

P.S. I think it's funny that UsendMii came out of the woodworks 2 days after my initial announcement videos, and I'm credited nowhere on their page for the actual concept that they clearly ripped off. Not a very friendly thing to do to a fellow developer, just saying. I like the GUI, very user-friendly ;)

Crayon2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
P.S. I think it's funny that UsendMii came out of the woodworks 2 days after my initial announcement videos, and I'm credited nowhere on their page for the actual concept that they clearly ripped off. Not a very friendly thing to do to a fellow developer, just saying. I like the GUI, very user-friendly ;)
Hi, I could add something in the credit section next release. What do you prefer.
  • vashgs: Original concept
  • vashgs: POC developer
  • vashgs: Master mind
  • vashgs: Evil genius
  • vashgs: Muse
  • something else
If I put an hyper link on your name, do you want it to point to this forum?

I don't want to be the bad guy :evil:

Reactions: vashgs and ketufe

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I could add something in the credit section next release. What do you prefer.
  • something else

Hi Crayon You're a soothsayer and me too lol

Gunnprophet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is brilliant. Good first step. Does anyone else think it would be awesome if we could get a DS / 3DS emulator that worked with the game pad as the bottom screen / controls with the top screen on your PC? I have none of the tech nohow on getting something like that started but I like the possibility now that we have connectivity / mapping working from PC to the Gamepad!

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • something else

I am grateful for the response and offer. You can do whatever you feel is right :) I didn't mean to offend or sound like I was calling you a bad guy, I just found the timing ironic and a little upsetting. I have tremendous respect for you because of the offer you've made, so thank you!

Ayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates for this? It's been almost a month since the OP was last edited.
Still no workarounds for the issues then?

Tony15

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why this isn't working for me... I'm doing everything correctly and the simpleserver commands prompt says my console is connected, but whenever I try to map the keys on the PC Page, keys get correctly recorded but won't work...

EDIT:

Fixed, seems like it won't work with my Firefox, everything went fine and smooth using IE ;)

Akio159

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, having a bit of a problem. Everytime I try to go to ip/wiiu it just sends me to my modems settings. Yes, I did open index.html and changed the ip. I've followed the tut but it seems like I've missed something. Anyone care to explain?

TheFeMR

Playing LOL, lol
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't connect the Wii U, Error 112-1007...:blink:
I'm trying to do a video about the problem, but my camera just catch 2 minutes.:hateit:
Hmmm... Is my first time in this forum and I´m Brazilian, sorry for my bad English.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
ah yeah , first watch of the vid i dint full screen it and couldnt read the writing lol.. i guess i mean why have a scale option , rather just scale the pc screen to fit on each instance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-