Hardware Gamepad problem with charging

an07her

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I recently aquired Wii U and Im very happy. However the gamepad simply refuses to charge via cable or cradle unless I first plug it in the other room. Once its working I can return it to my room to charge no problem.

I have heard of few people having exact same issue on reddit but couldnt find anything on the internet.

Is this some kind of protection or what?
I have like 5 things plugged (yeah that may be the cause) but im pretty positive the outlet has enough power.

Should I send the gamepad for RMA? Or are there any known fixes?

Thanks

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Have you tried, just for trial and error's sake, to unplug everything else in your room except for the Wii U GamePad charger? If it works on its own with nothing else sapping power from the outlet, then there's your problem. Not all power sockets are friendly with many devices connected at the same time. It depends on many factors, don't assume it should just work! :)

an07her

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of that, but then why does it charge after plugging somewhere else? This leads me to believe its not the socket but rather some kind of protection? (can't start charging if xx things are plugged)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was thinking of that, but then why does it charge after plugging somewhere else? This leads me to believe its not the socket but rather some kind of protection? (can't start charging if xx things are plugged)
It could also indicate your devices aren't properly grounded.

DarkWrath669

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was having this problem when running my fish tank (two high power lights and a pump), laptop charger, 3DS charger and gamepad charger all on a singe extension lead.

Moving the fish tank off the lead to it's own extension seems to have resolved the problem, so it seems this is just due to draw on the wall sockets and some sort of protection that shuts off the charger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up