Hardware Gamecube/Wii Classic switch D Pad and Analog stick?

fabbrendan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm fairly new to this whole modding and hacking stuff, but I really need to know if I can change a Gamecube or Wii Classic controller to use the 4 way Directional Pad instead if the analog stick. Specifically for Smash 4 Wii U. I want to be able to move my Character with the Directional pad instead of the joy stick since there is no custom control configuration for it. I want to know if it is at all possible and how I would do it. Would I need to strip down the controllers and cut some wires? Or mod my game to let me do it? Or could I just take out the analog stick and replace it with a D-pad? Any help is greatly appreciated and I know custom controllers are banned from tournaments (I have no plans to bring it to tournaments) im sorry if this breaks any forum rules, i literally just created this account. thank you again.

Last edited by fabbrendan,

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii remote sideways is D pad control

The joysticks register 8 directions. So instead of "left + up = diagonally up-left" it'll register "left + up = left + up". The Wii U really doesn't have modding capabilities for things like this. I'm sure it can be done, but I just don't think that anyone would spend their time & resources on this. Like Sick Wario said, I guess you should just stick to other devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021