Hacking GameCube ISOs

Daizu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious if GameCube ISOs work on NeoGamma R7 (Too lazy to update) or if I need to get another loader specifically for GameCube games. I'm not sure why they wouldn't, but I just want to be sure. And more specifically, I'd like to know if two-disc games such as Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes and Tales of Symphonia work since NeoGamma has to load the ISO specifically from the disc (As far as I know). Any info would be appreciated.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
There's no way any loader can run a GC backup without a cMIOS
wink.gif

So first install a cMIOS and then use a loader.
NeoGamma R9 for example
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With the correct cMIOS NeoGamma plays gamecube games, but the 2nd disc support is not working at the moment. Especially Metal Gear Solid is a problem game as it does not allow to create a savegame for the 2nd disc while still using the 1st. Maybe WiiGator's loader + WiiGator's cMIOS or Waninkoko's cMIOS + disc channel/NeoGamma GC mode MIOS helps.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
iceache said:
Any way to load Gamecube games from USB yet?

It's a myth, as it's impossible because the GC didn't have any USB port.

2 ways of thinking : it will never be possible OR one day a genius like Waninkoko / Wiipower, etc. will come with a cMIOS supporting USB
biggrin.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hasn't crediar shown a video with gc games running with a gc mode where the clocks of the gpu and cpu are at wii speeds or was it gc running in wii mode. can't remember. is he still working on ss like that?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Screemer said:
hasn't crediar shown a video with gc games running with a gc mode where the clocks of the gpu and cpu are at wii speeds or was it gc running in wii mode. can't remember. is he still working on ss like that?
i think u r referring to DIOS MIOS

not sure if he's still workin on it... i think he may have gotten bored with it (I remember reading something to that effect somewhere)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9