Hacking gamecube games

scroeffie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke i have softmodded my wii wii games are working but games cube games are not showing whats the next step
i modded my wii with modmii iam using usb loader cfg v70 how do i play gamecube games

compilequietly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a compatible usb drive and to use the same dedicated usb port. you make a folder on the root of your sd called games. inside that folder make folders for your game name. place the corresponding games inside and rename to game.iso (.ciso .iso etc). then refresh your cache and they should appear
also heard there's issues if you dont have gamecube ports (only the original wii model has them)

Last edited by compilequietly,

scroeffie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my external hdd is fat 32 i have 1 wii game in the folder wbfs /on the root i made a folder games < another folder taz <taz.iso so whats the next step because it wont show the game
i have the older model wii with the gamecube controller port
in the usb loader cfg in options it says my hardrive is ntfs 1 but iam shure its fat32 !

Last edited by scroeffie,

compilequietly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the wii game run or just pop up? also rename taz.iso to game.iso also try refreshing the cache in the setings you might have to reformat your drive or it could just be incompatible. therre is a good software out there for formatting drives that cant be formatted the standard was called ease partition tool or something along those lines. just back up your files first if you reformat and remember you need to use another wbfs manager to copy over the wii game again

scroeffie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh wait maybe i did not explian it correct ,wii games work perfect they show cover art disc art etc ,but i also want to play gamecube games from usb loader cfg
is there somekind of extra option i need to do or ... ?

scroeffie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke installed nintendont and taz game is working but how do i make it work in usb loader cfg with cover art etc

compilequietly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-gc-using-configurable-usb-loader.354565/
seems possible
"

8. I Like ConfigurableUSBLoader, and dont really want to change to USBLoaderGX if possible.. any way to do this and still play GC Games?
Yes, CFG works with GC backups. It's also my preferred loader. Follow this guide to install DIOS MIOS (not DML) to run GC backups from Configurable USB Loader."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also does the gamecube game run on nintendont not just showing you it?
Also wiiflow might be worth looking into instead

scroeffie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i thought i did it via this https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/usb-und-disk-loader/configurable-usb-loader-mod/ taz gamecube works via direct nintendont app
but not via usb loader cfg it shows the game and cover but when i click on the game it gose back to home screen of the wii

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh its working now i had to choose boot option nintendont in the usb loader cgh setting :)

Last edited by scroeffie,
Reactions: compilequietly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played