heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So we hook up the new wii today, all is good. So i buy a copy of animal crossing GC for the wii for my daughter to try out. I have a GC memory pack inserted in the wii (as well as a 512 sd card). I also have the classic controller. For some reason the game boots up fine, but you cannot press the start key or start playing the game, only thing you can do is watch the opening sequence. Over and over, no matter what.

Any ideas? My daughter is in tears (she is 8yrs old).

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The classic controller is good for classic games. Download Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 from VC quick to make her stop crying! Or you can let her win at Tennis.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Mario World is all but impossible to play with a GC controller
frown.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Currently there is nothing that you *Need* the classic controller for. It's ubiquitous since the GC controller does everything a classic controller can do, but not the other way around. That said, the D pad on the GC controller is uncomfortable and not useful for some games, such as anything for SNES on the virtual console.

Yes, EB Games screwed you if they told you the classic controller can be used with GC games. Never take an employees word at a used gaming store ever, unless you know the person you're talking to specifically is trustworthy. Those employees all too often know jack shit about what they're selling.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't know how things are in the USA with getting the classic controller. They always seemed to be sold out in the UK. Not that I'm going to get any VC games anyway because nintendo are asking way too much for them.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't know how things are in the USA with getting the classic controller. They always seemed to be sold out in the UK. Not that I'm going to get any VC games anyway because nintendo are asking way too much for them.

They're the easiest controller accessory to get right now (that's not a silicone glove or something). There have only been one or two occasions where I have seen Nunchucks on store shelves, and I don't think I've seen a Remote on a shelf, but I bought my Classic Controller by just walking into a store on a random day and picking up one of two that were there that day. It's not the only time I've seen them either.

I think most people realize they only need one (or none) classic controllers but just about everyone is buying at least one if not three extra remotes and nunchucks.

Of course, I still haven't seen a Wii console on a store shelf yet.

Chorro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed eb did screw you. please refrain from buying anything from them. gamestop is a little better but buy from the big guys. unfortunately they don't resort to eb games tactics (as much)

gamecrazy is cool but only since my friend works there lol

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
indeed eb did screw you. please refrain from buying anything from them. gamestop is a little better but buy from the big guys. unfortunately they don't resort to eb games tactics (as much)

gamecrazy is cool but only since my friend works there lol
Uh, if you didn't know, EBgames IS GameStop (GameStop bought EBgames). That's how I bought a DSlite case that said "GameStop" on it at EBgames.
I wish I had a GameCrazy though...Probably better than either EB or GameStop...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone at EB(Gamestop) lied to make a sale. SHOCKED I AM SHOCKED I tell you.
wink.gif
They're made to lie, manipulate, coerce and whatever it takes possible to sell more accessories and especially those virtually worthless warranties (outright worthless on games.)

Sorry they duped you. Keep the pad though for what other reasons people gave already as with an 8yo I'm sure it could get some good mileage playing Mario World among other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay