Hacking Gamecube Backups, Wii Disc Channel?

slyr1143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i think im giving up, i mean ive done everything correctly so far haven't I? ive i installed darkcorp full with the wiigator cmios, that didnt want to boot GC games from the disc channel so i tried out wiigators cmios v10 installer and they still just reset the wii..... what could i possibly have forgotten?? am i supposed to have the gc controller and memory card in or out, or does it make no difference?

Deeko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
slyr1143, I just re-modded my wii and after installing Darkcorp v1.1 full mine also wouldn't play gamecube backups in the disc channel.

After a LOT of messing around I got them loading again. I used Waninoko's cMIOS Installer Rev 5, http://filetrip.net/f9667-cMIOS-Installer-rev-5.html. Extract cMIOS_rev5-Installer.dol and rename it boot.dol and place it in the apps folder of your SD card.

You also need RVL-mios-v8.wad to put in the root of your SD card. I used NUSDownloader, remember to download v8 and rename it. v4, v5 and v10 didn't work for me.

Just run the installer from the homebrew channel, I selected IOS249, and after a quick installation it was all working again.

Reactions: 1 person

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deeko said:
remember to download v8 and rename it.

What did you rename this to?
(when I d/loaded it, it came as RVL-mios-v8.wad)
unsure.gif

Deeko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fatherjack said:
Deeko said:
remember to download v8 and rename it.

What did you rename this to?
(when I d/loaded it, it came as RVL-mios-v8.wad)
unsure.gif

If you have it as RVL-mios-v8.wad that's fine, don't rename anything.

I downloaded v8 using NUSDownloader and it was named MIOS-64-v8.wad, this is what I refered to when I advised to rename to RVL-mios-v8.wad.

Sorry it came across as confusing.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks deeko. I was trying everything to get ikaruga to work... even disabled gamecube disc channel loading.
earlier today I added a modified + autoboot version of NeoGamma. with out your help deeko i'd have had 3 disc loading channels on my wii menu. :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one