Hacking GameCube Backup Launcher help

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,188
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I got a Wii, it was 4.0E system software... I installed the Homebrew Channel and DVDx

I have a copy of Wind Waker burned to a DVD but I have no idea where to go from here xD

Any help appreciated
smile.gif

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the rungcbackup folder into the apps folder onto your SD card, the mIOS patcher folder into your the apps folder on the root of your SD card as well. Go into the Homebrew Channel with SD card inserted, run mIOS patcher, follow on screen instructions, run the rungcbackup app with DVD inserted, you're good to go. You only need to run the gcbackup app from now on. You may need to get a cIOS rev. I use 7, download that (cIOS rev7) and install it like you did the mIOS patcher.

PS: Windwaker = GREATEST VIDEO GAME EVER, listening to the soundtrack right now
wub.gif
wub.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
yay.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Fiesty Panda said:
Put the rungcbackup folder into the apps folder onto your SD card, the mIOS patcher folder into your the apps folder on the root of your SD card as well. Go into the Homebrew Channel with SD card inserted, run mIOS patcher, follow on screen instructions, run the rungcbackup app with DVD inserted, you're good to go. You only need to run the gcbackup app from now on. You may need to get a cIOS rev. I use 7, download that (cIOS rev7) and install it like you did the mIOS patcher.

PS: Windwaker = GREATEST VIDEO GAME EVER, listening to the soundtrack right now
wub.gif
wub.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
yay.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
Thank you so much!!
biggrin.gif

happy.gif
I'll do that now and report back
smile.gif

EDIT: The RUNGCBACKUP file has a makefile and 2 folders in. is that right?

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, but keep in mind with gamecube backups, there's a lot of room for error. Make sure your apps are set up right (this isn't a problem if your familiar with the HBC) make sure mIOS and cIOS are patched, make sure you burned your DVD at 1x. At least it's not as hard as getting backups to run ON the gamecube, adjusting the laser pots, taking the GC apart.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Standby, I'll set up the SD card for you, just because I love Windwaker that much.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well... I put in the rungcbackup folder and the mIOS patcher folder into the apps folder. Nothing shows up on the homebrew channel.

They're the folders with a makefile and stuff in... Can you link me to the right files?

EDIT: Ah thanks ^____^

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol i dont think that cIOS is required in order to run backup GC games, since wii mode cant run in GC mode IOS nor cIOS will be taken into account.

also, i think if you install the Mios Xi as 'rungcbackup and wiigator backup loader' the GC games load through the disc channel, at least, they did for me, but i have cIOSCORP installed... and i guess IOS is needed for reading GC games in the system menu
tongue.gif

at least i think so... i'm not an expert on the GC side of the wii
biggrin.gif

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
lol i dont think that cIOS is required in order to run backup GC games, since wii mode cant run in GC mode IOS nor cIOS will be taken into account.

also, i think if you install the Mios Xi as 'rungcbackup and wiigator backup loader' the GC games load through the disc channel, at least, they did for me, but i have cIOSCORP installed... and i guess IOS is needed for reading GC games in the system menu
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah, some of us with LU64 wiis can't get cIOSCORP, and this method works fine. As for cIOS, I thought that maybe you had to install it for some reason, I remember reading about it somewhere... No harm in installing it anyways though.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Fiesty Panda said:
Alright, run cIOSrev7 and miospatcher in the homebrew channel, then rungcbackup will start your backup.

Here's what you should have on your SD card
http://sharebee.com/81db0c6d

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!! Thank you so much!!
grog.gif

I don't like that sharebee site at all, though. I got a pop-up ad for a Senior Citizen Friendfinder
wtf.gif
cry.gif
wtf.gif

I'm not hungry anymore, but at least this'll solve my backup problems
dry.gif

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
Fiesty Panda said:
Alright, run cIOSrev7 and miospatcher in the homebrew channel, then rungcbackup will start your backup.

Here's what you should have on your SD card
http://sharebee.com/81db0c6d

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!! Thank you so much!!
grog.gif

I don't like that sharebee site at all, though. I got a pop-up ad for a Senior Citizen Friendfinder
wtf.gif
cry.gif
wtf.gif

I'm not hungry anymore, but at least this'll solve my backup problems
dry.gif
No problem, to be honest I haven't ever gotten a GC backup to run on my wii. When I sold it the first time I got rid of my Wavebirds and memory cards (STUPID, STUPID!!!) I've only recently ordered another GC controller and memory card for my new wii, which'll be here in a week or two, so I've been reading up on GC backups and that's what I've found
tongue.gif
. This is the first time I've used sharebee, I agree, as a downloader it'd be easier to host it on one site, but as an uploader, its nice to give it to a bunch of sites so you'll never have to rehost it.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fiesty Panda said:
mikeyt1998 said:

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah, some of us with LU64 wiis can't get cIOSCORP, and this method works fine. As for cIOS, I thought that maybe you had to install it for some reason, I remember reading about it somewhere... No harm in installing it anyways though.
he never said it was an LU64... and it's him we're helping not you
tongue.gif

+ i was only mentioning it, not attacking lol

+i never said install it, i said i have it installed and that MIGHT be what causes the disc channel loading thats all.

D

Deleted User

OP
Tbh as long as I can run the backups, I'm fine
wink.gif
I don't mind about the method. And I have no idea if it's an LU64 or not, I'm a noob to this whole thing and don't even know what it means xD

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update: You might want to try using cIOS rev13a (for Wii games - said to be one of the best + most compatible), use NeoGamma R6 to run Wii games, GC Backup Launcer 0.2 for GC games, and install cMIOS rev3 (for GC compatibility).

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Tbh as long as I can run the backups, I'm fine
wink.gif
I don't mind about the method. And I have no idea if it's an LU64 or not, I'm a noob to this whole thing and don't even know what it means xD
LU64 = First 4 characters on your serial number, and mikey, I wasn't trying to sound hostile, unfortunately the internet can't portray the tone in which someone is writing too well
tongue.gif

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hybridx24 said:
A little update: You might want to try using cIOS rev13a (for Wii games - said to be one of the best + most compatible), use NeoGamma R6 to run Wii games, GC Backup Launcer 0.2 for GC games, and install cMIOS rev3 (for GC compatibility).

curious, how come you dont use neogamma r6 for gc games as well? is gc backup launcher 0.2 more compatible or something? just wondering:)

mario kart double dash worked fine with neogamma r6 for me:)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hybridx24 said:

cmios rev3 over rides the miospatcher by wiigator correct?

So which is the better one to use?(Better compatibility)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill