GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent Wiigator a small fix for launching pal 50 Hz games on ntsc consoles. It seems you need to set the 50 Hz video mode before rebooting to mios or it doesn't work.

Since it's been said already, I'll repeat the news here: Pokemon XD works now, and possibly other games.

pIRatZE

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does that mean both PAL & NTSC version of Pokemon XD are now working on Xi?I just wish I could use my back-up AR disc to cheat with my back-up games.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pIRatZE: Wiigator doesn't like cheaters I guess.

What we really need is a load dol option at the selection screen. (I think the start button is still available). This way the disc ID has already been read and the patched action replay dols will automatically load the disc without it asking to eject/insert it.

garder5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks
smile.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
Hey, WiiGator, it seems that the 30 read retries you said the loader would do on a DRE never happen. I keep getting a DRE in POP2 during one of the cutscenes, and I don't see any sign of the re-reading anywhere. Wii doesn't make any noise, and re-inserting the disc just gives a blackscreen.

Just bringing this back up.

skyknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toastert2003 said:
How about Xi? That's the one I have installed. I have only tested Animal Crossing since I basically had that on hand. More "on hand" to come. So where will I be able to scroll left and right? Is this in the gc backup loader menu, or is it somewhere else?

I just did this the other day...only tried a multi game disc...

When you start the disc it should open up the gc Backup Loader Menu (at least that is what is does with a multi-game disc).

From there you select the game you want...it will be listed on the first line (if I remember correctly)...I forget what to press to change the iso, but just look at the screen and you will figure it out
wink.gif
it was pretty easy.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buzbee said:
LegendaryXM90: don't bother bringing it back up....the 30 retries is in the source I checked.

Where did you find them? I mean it does matter where exactly these 30 reties are done for which reading commands.

Knubbis91

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install the mIOS offline? when i load the mIOS patcher and press a it only does an internet check, and since i don´t have any internet on my wii, it says the file can´t be found and then exit back to hbc.. and yes I have copied the mIOS version files to the SD card (if not i need them in a particular directory on the SD card)... and wich files should i copy any way?= only the .tmd or all of them ? thanks for any answer

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pIRatZE said:
Does that mean both PAL & NTSC version of Pokemon XD are now working on Xi?I just wish I could use my back-up AR disc to cheat with my back-up games.

My version is PAL. The fixes I made seems only to fix Pokemon XD. The game includes special code which seems to be implemented to stop anyone from hacking the game. This is a special hack protecting implementation which was intented to generate the strangest behaviour as possible when debugging. I think it was intented to stop AR. I think this makes it impossible to create an cheat code for the game using an old AR. Do you find a cheat code for this game?

I think that any cheat system needs to use the same memory as the GCBL uses. So AR will not work with backups.

Do somebody know if you need a special device for Action Replay to work or can you use a normal memory card with it? There seems to be a memory card sold with the package.

Currently there is not enough space available to put a complete cheat system into the GC Backup Launcher. I would need to activate MEM2 to get the Wii memory. I don't know if this is possible. I didn't tried this and the necessary code (IOS) seems to be removed from MIOS.

Has someone a description how an Action Replay code must be interpreted?

@Knubbis91
You need to copy all files as described in the readme. An error messages on screen will say what is missing and where.

EDIT: I found a patch in MIOS for Phantasy Star Online (GOPJ) and Pokemon Colosseum (GC6E and GC6J). Can someone imagine why? Is this because of the exploit found in GOPJ or to disable a network feature?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi WiiGator, just a few questions:
What are the chances to run gamecube games in Wii mode when bootmii comes out, which allows both ARM and PPC code?

Did you know that SetOffset/SetOffsetBase for unencrypted reads in the cIOS don't work the same way as it does in the regular IOS? I know it's a rarely used command as the only purposes i know are reading the tmd, ticket and maybe the certs from a disc. But maybe nintendo recognizes this fact eventually and check for a cIOS with it. Ok, you got me, of course i want it to behave the same way as regular IOS in order not to be forced to know if somebody is soft or hardmodded for multi game discs.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator: The easiest way to implement AR is by using the AR Backup patches:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4068

If you want a prepatched dol they are included in my AR loaders:

v1.08
http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Dow...it&lid=5379

v1.09
http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Dow...it&lid=5443

v1.14
http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Dow...it&lid=5385

The AR backup patches REQUIRE the game disc to be inserted and the Disc ID to be read prior to launching the dol file since they bypass the eject/load process. This is already done with your loader prior to getting to the selection screen. You could add an Action Replay menu item by pressing start (what good is reloader anyways?) to your load screen. This would load ar.dol off the root of SD card. I used Megaman's GC homebrew loader to create the AR loaders. The loaders only work with original GC games.

Yes, Action Replay needs a memory card. It should work with any memory card as long as the 2 block default AR save file FOR THAT SAME VERSION OF AR is copied over to it. I created mine by using my Max drive pro memory card (which is made by datel) and choosing to reset hardware in AR. This created the 2 block default AR file. I then copied it over to a Nintendo 59 block memory card and I can now use that for AR when inserted into Slot B at startup. Unlike datel memory cards, which can be inserted anytime with/without the default AR file, other memory cards MUST be inserted into Slot B PRIOR to launching AR and have the default AR file already on it or it won't be recognized. Since GCMM 1.0 does not work with official memory cards, there does not seem to be a way to copy the default AR file to official memory cards unless you have a third party one also. You can download and copy the AR default save to SD card then to a third party memory card using GCMM, then copy to official Nintendo memory card using the memory manager in Wii.

Is it possible to disable the Nintendo hack to disable Datel discs in mios v5 and v8? I noticed original discs work with the backup loader (even datel ones which won't show up in disc channel). You get "Failed to read DVD 186
Error 0x53100 ready" or something like that but then the game loads normally. I have not checked to see if it plays or saves properly though.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey WiiGator, I am definitely a little heavy with it but are you aware of the problem of the time?
When a game is started, the time is always the same (01/01/2000 I think). It is a bit annoying in some games like Animal Crossing.
Do you think is is fixable?
Thank you again for your great work, that's amazing =)

pIRatZE

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, AR does need some kind of memory card for it to save the freshly new put codes but I think retail or third party memory card should works.In my case, I use the third party that intended for the use of Wii/GC and it did saved the Pokemon XD codes that I found on the net.But as you know, AR didn't work with backup disc which would be great if you could fix it and both my AR and Pokemon XD are backup discs.It did works though with retail games discs.How about if you could tweak your Wii Backup Launcher that comes with Ocarina so that the games would directly boot from it?I did notice that if I activate the ocarina codes with rebooter, it did read the ID game for GC backup discs correctly and search for the codes from the SDCard.Well, this is only a suggestion.How you fix it is up to you.I would be happy enough if you could fix the AR and backup disc problems.Thanks for listening, WiiGator.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buzbee said:
gcplugin/source/dvd.c:

/** Maximum read retried for each access. */
#define MAX_READ_RETRY 30

But there is no way to tell if it actually DOES them. WiiGator even said he could not test this because none of his games give a DRE.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then how do you expect him to fix it if it doesn't work, if he has no way of testing it? I would try making an image of your original disc and reburning it, if you have the capability. I am sure you do since we are not pirates here and we only make backup copies of the originals we own, right? The reason your using the backup is because you don't want to scratch your original, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: meh stats, but amazing in execution