Gaming Game recomendations

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Age Origins is fantastic although the Xbox 360 port is kinda bad. Still plays fine though. Second one is garbage though.

All the Mass Effect games are good. YES I LIKE ME3 OVER THE REST.

Skyrim and such are alright but there are some large underlying flaws. Fallout: New Vegas wins the "Bethesda RPGs" competition since it has a lot more variety than any of the other titles.

Dragon's Dogma is really good. It takes a while to get into but once you really understand everything and work out a system, it's a lot of fun.

KoA has the Skyrim issue of lack of variety. If you want a big open game though it can give you that.

The Orange Box is always good. TF2 isn't worth touching on it for the Xbox 360 but Half Life 2, its episodes, and Portal are still fine. Also Portal 2 is like one of the best games ever.

Also I'll throw a suggestion for Vanquish if you enjoy good games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alan Wake is a great little gem (though if you have a PC capable of running it, the PC port is supposed to be an improvement).

If you liked Call of Duty 4, Black Ops is the next best entry in the series. It's jam packed with content (seriously, it even has a fully playable Zork), so it will definitely keep you busy.

Spec Ops: The Line was the most recent game I beat (excluding The Walking Dead episode 2), and let me tell you, it's absolutely superb. It's not going to leave you feeling happy or anything, but it's well worth experiencing. Do not miss it.

If I think of anything else (and I'm sure I will), I'll be sure to post it.

Reactions: 1 person

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Age Origins is fantastic although the Xbox 360 port is kinda bad. Still plays fine though. Second one is garbage though.

All the Mass Effect games are good. YES I LIKE ME3 OVER THE REST.

Skyrim and such are alright but there are some large underlying flaws. Fallout: New Vegas wins the "Bethesda RPGs" competition since it has a lot more variety than any of the other titles.

Dragon's Dogma is really good. It takes a while to get into but once you really understand everything and work out a system, it's a lot of fun.

KoA has the Skyrim issue of lack of variety. If you want a big open game though it can give you that.

The Orange Box is always good. TF2 isn't worth touching on it for the Xbox 360 but Half Life 2, its episodes, and Portal are still fine. Also Portal 2 is like one of the best games ever.

Also I'll throw a suggestion for Vanquish if you enjoy good games.

I've played all the bethesda RPG's and i love them all in their own way
I just got the orange box but im play HL 1 on my computer first. Also, what's wrong with TF2 on xbox?

Alan Wake is a great little gem (though if you have a PC capable of running it, the PC port is supposed to be an improvement).

If you liked Call of Duty 4, Black Ops is the next best entry in the series. It's jam packed with content (seriously, it even has a fully playable Zork), so it will definitely keep you busy.

Spec Ops: The Line was the most recent game I beat (excluding The Walking Dead episode 2), and let me tell you, it's absolutely superb. It's not going to leave you feeling happy or anything, but it's well worth experiencing. Do not miss it.

If I think of anything else (and I'm sure I will), I'll be sure to post it.
It looked promising, but i can only take so much fps at one time so I'll get around to playing that one.
And yes, black ops is one of my fav COD games.
Also, what is Alan Wake like? I've seen a few gameplay vids but that's about it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looked promising, but i can only take so much fps at one time so I'll get around to playing that one.
And yes, black ops is one of my fav COD games.
Also, what is Alan Wake like? I've seen a few gameplay vids but that's about it.

If you're talking about Spec Ops: The Line in the first line, then you're in luck. It's a Third Person Shooter.

Alan Wake isn't exactly a horror game (the cover art describes it as a "psychological action thriller", which fits well enough. It's moody and atmospheric, but there's more than enough action if that's what you're looking for). To summarize the plot as simply as possible without spoiling much of anything... it follows a troubled author who visits a remote town with his wife. She's kidnapped, however, as he discovers that some dark entity is bringing the pages he writes to life. A memorable plot, setting, and characters mixed with engaging gameplay is a recipe for a game worth checking out.

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about Spec Ops: The Line in the first line, then you're in luck. It's a Third Person Shooter.

Alan Wake isn't exactly a horror game (the cover art describes it as a "psychological action thriller", which fits well enough. It's moody and atmospheric, but there's more than enough action if that's what you're looking for). To summarize the plot as simply as possible without spoiling much of anything... it follows a troubled author who visits a remote town with his wife. She's kidnapped, however, as he discovers that some dark entity is bringing the pages he writes to life. A memorable plot, setting, and characters mixed with engaging gameplay is a recipe for a game worth checking out.
Well that's good, I love third person a ton. I'll check it out after i get through mass effect and gears. And for alan wake, it seems like a decent game so ill get around to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn